Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

CAUTION: Dr. Wack/S100 Bike Cleaner

Tenerider

Hey guys, I recently got a bottle of this bike cleaner (the brand is probably not very common outside of Germany):

(Couldn't find their international website)

The stuff works great in general, BUT it leaves ugly white stains on the radiator tubes running from the water pump, on the metal bracket which holds the clutch cable, on the rear brake cable holder, the gear switching lever and some black screws.

Application notes say "do not use on black chromate conversion coated parts and raw polished aluminum".

I guess those parts mentioned above are all chromate conversion coated 🙁

So, be careful if you plan to use this stuff.

If anybody has an idea how to remove the stains, please let me know 🙏

Edited by Tenerider
  • Thanks 2

Try some Back to black or a little bit of olive oil on a cloth 

Edited by Lewie
  • Thanks 1

It looks like it’s the same as the S100 sold in the US. Yes it does a good job of cleaning, but stopped using it years ago since it does go after aluminum. It also tends to weep into the threads of bolt holes and causes corrosion between the steel bolts and aluminum holes. 

If you do use it, make sure you are really rinsing every lit bit of it off the bike and then rinse it again. 

FYI - Simple Green also works well as a cleanser but can also attack aluminum even when diluted  if left on it for too long. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

It looks like it’s the same as the S100 sold in the US. Yes it does a good job of cleaning, but stopped using it years ago since it does go after aluminum. It also tends to weep into the threads of bolt holes and causes corrosion between the steel bolts and aluminum holes. 

If you do use it, make sure you are really rinsing every lit bit of it off the bike and then rinse it again. 

FYI - Simple Green also works well as a cleanser but can also attack aluminum even when diluted  if left on it for too long. 

Yes, they are selling various products under S100 label.

Thanks for the warning! I'm about to return it, since it's not really useable on my bike. It's not really possible to exclude all those parts when applying it with a spray can.

• Tenerider changed the title to CAUTION: Dr. Wack/S100 Bike Cleaner

@TeneriderI had some salt staining (at least I assumed so) on the coolant pipes and managed to get them completely new looking again with wd40 and a cloth rag. Just some elbow grease got it all off. Coolant pipe staining seems to really be a Yamaha issue though, read a lot about it on varia of forums.

• Thanks 1