Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dominator High Exhaust...

G Charlton

• 3 weeks later...

I did email them about this option but didn’t hear back from them. They only had the other ones listed on their eBay store. Plus I didn’t want to use the stock tail tidy.

I’ll end up making the carbon delkevic into a high/rally mount eventually.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I've just purchased one of these and will be installing asap.  Depending on a couple items I hope to be able to test it out over the next month.

20221101_185256_HDR.jpg

I've just ordered, the Camel ADV check this bad boy out! 

A bit like Unicorn horn dust here in Australia, got an email yesterday after I asked to be informed if stock came in, bought it, and now they're out of stock again.  Mine is in the post.  It will be awesome with my Header.  EVERYTHING is eye wateringly expensive here ... SS header $972 The Scorpion can and enduro bend connector a wallet busting $1562.  It hurts my Yorkshire genes ... a lot.

Capture.PNG

Edited by RIDER GUIDER

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

On 11/2/2022 at 4:10 AM, RIDER GUIDER said:

I've just ordered, the Camel ADV check this bad boy out! 

A bit like Unicorn horn dust here in Australia, got an email yesterday after I asked to be informed if stock came in, bought it, and now they're out of stock again.  Mine is in the post.  It will be awesome with my Header.  EVERYTHING is eye wateringly expensive here ... SS header $972 The Scorpion can and enduro bend connector a wallet busting $1562.  It hurts my Yorkshire genes ... a lot.

Capture.PNG

This Camel is a nice system, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.  I like and have their skid plate installed and have no complaints, its well designed.  They are just around the corner from me, well, next province over here in Canada, but I decided to go with a Polish system, the Dominator MX2 high exhaust (because I'm a cheap bastard, and my roots are Polish).  Its also quite well made and fits super easy, no issues.

dominator MX2 High.jpg

Edited by rosok
  • Thanks 1

Just recently bout a MIVV out of Italy, install was easy but had to make a little mod to the mounting bracket and the plastic rear sub fender, nothing a deemed or small power grinder couldn't handle, I'm pleased with mine, was only $400 shipped.

IMG_20221105_135305.jpg

On 6/15/2022 at 7:24 AM, G Charlton said:

Has anyone had any experience with the Dominator high exhaust option?? 

Want the HP Corse, but this plus £300 quid still in the bank is mighty tempting...

500_500_productGfx_21751.jpg

DOMINATOR Exhaust System - polish producer of exhaust systems

Ok, Ive had a chance to go out for my first ride with the new Dominator MX2 High exhaust installed. 

First off, I weighed this compared to the stock muffler and midpipe, and its less than 1/2 the weight.  Stock muffler and midpipe is 4950grams (10.9lbs) and the dominator muffler and midpipe weighs in at 2350grams (5.2lbs).

It sounds nice, though fairly loud when on the gas.  I cannot sneak out of my neighborhood anymore unfortunately, kind of how my KTM450EXCR was.  I was hoping it wouldn't be this loud, I might see what i can do to tame it a little.  It has the optional medium Decibel Killer installed, which seemed to be the only option when ordering.  Its definitely a nice sounding exhaust, just a little loud now for my old man tastes.

Anyhow, it was a snap to install, super easy and everything fit perfect.  I'm a little concerned at full suspension compression there may be contact with the midpipe, but my concerns may be unfounded.  I might pull the shock and just see.  I did a minor offroad run today just to test out the pipe and no issues, and the midpipe is getting very nice heat coloration.

The exhaust is tucked up and out of the way very nicely now, like any offroad bike should have it in my opinion (for the inevitable crashes).

Oh, pay no mind to my temp turn signal placement, I'm still waiting for my replacements to come in and then have to figure out best mounting spot, as I've made my own tail tidy.

dominator MX2 High rear.jpg

dominator MX2 High side.jpg

dominator MX2 High side close.jpg

dominator MX2 High.jpg

12 minutes ago, Svrider said:

Just recently bout a MIVV out of Italy, install was easy but had to make a little mod to the mounting bracket and the plastic rear sub fender, nothing a deemed or small power grinder couldn't handle, I'm pleased with mine, was only $400 shipped.

IMG_20221105_135305.jpg

Nice, I like it!!

11 hours ago, rosok said:

This Camel is a nice system, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.  I like and have their skid plate installed and have no complaints, its well designed.  They are just around the corner from me, well, next province over here in Canada, but I decided to go with a Polish system, the Dominator MX2 high exhaust (because I'm a cheap bastard, and my roots are Polish).  Its also quite well made and fits super easy, no issues.

dominator MX2 High.jpg

looks ace in behind that rear peg hanger - nice work.

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

23 hours ago, Svrider said:

IMG_20221105_135305.jpg

Hey mate, are you having any issues with the exhaust heat melting the indicator with the stock tail tidy? I don’t want to put a shorter tail tidy, so I’m curious about what you’ve done with the indicators to keep the stock one

I removed my rear blinkers entirely, I do a fair bit of off road riding, I removed most of the rear licence plate bracket and attached my licence which is rather small here in the states to the small looking sub fender, so I don't have blinkers to cook.

Edited by Svrider
Auto correct

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, rosok said:

Ok, Ive had a chance to go out for my first ride with the new Dominator MX2 High exhaust installed. 

First off, I weighed this compared to the stock muffler and midpipe, and its less than 1/2 the weight.  Stock muffler and midpipe is 4950grams (10.9lbs) and the dominator muffler and midpipe weighs in at 2350grams (5.2lbs).

It sounds nice, though fairly loud when on the gas.  I cannot sneak out of my neighborhood anymore unfortunately, kind of how my KTM450EXCR was.  I was hoping it wouldn't be this loud, I might see what i can do to tame it a little.  It has the optional medium Decibel Killer installed, which seemed to be the only option when ordering.  Its definitely a nice sounding exhaust, just a little loud now for my old man tastes.

Anyhow, it was a snap to install, super easy and everything fit perfect.  I'm a little concerned at full suspension compression there may be contact with the midpipe, but my concerns may be unfounded.  I might pull the shock and just see.  I did a minor offroad run today just to test out the pipe and no issues, and the midpipe is getting very nice heat coloration.

The exhaust is tucked up and out of the way very nicely now, like any offroad bike should have it in my opinion (for the inevitable crashes).

Oh, pay no mind to my temp turn signal placement, I'm still waiting for my replacements to come in and then have to figure out best mounting spot, as I've made my own tail tidy.

dominator MX2 High rear.jpg

dominator MX2 High side.jpg

dominator MX2 High side close.jpg

dominator MX2 High.jpg

Is that a specific exhaust bend that you ordered? On the Dominator site all of their exhausts with the muffler size you have here seem to bend around the passenger peg, instead of tucked behind it. I like the way it tucks behind like you show- So i'm curious if you requested a specific combination.  Link below to their current site

Also, I'm curious if you feel like its tucked away enough that the stock exhaust bracket is safe enough if the bike is dropped on that side?

Thanks!

I'm also wondering if you might be able to tell me the clearance in the attached photo? from bottom of the "finger grips" to the top of the muffler  (trying to determine if it will clea rmy HEED rear grab bars)

Thanks!

IMG_6446.jpg