Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Colorado Fantastic Fourmile Riding

Moto

The Fourmile off-road area near Buena Vista, CO, is amazing! Very fun, and lots of green/easy super fun riding on atv/mc and jeep roads. I highly recommend this area for a day or more to anyone living in CO or passing through. I did a 4-day T7 adventure/off-road ride from Boulder to the Fourmile Travel Management Area this past week. Camped at  Turtle Rock, which is a great spot for staging and camping, and took off my luggage and racks to be single-track ready. Amazing views all around. 

The riding is awesome! Fast, flowy, lots of berms and water bars for catching air. The main 4x4 trails are easy, non-technical, and really great riding, as are many of the atv/mc trails. Most roads have water crossings in sandy creeks, which are cool. You can also get some sand riding in on the 4x4 trails south of US285. For those wanting a challenge, there are also mc-only singletrack trails which are narrow, technical, and difficult. I did one day of riding by myself staying on the easier atv/mc and jeep roads, but another day I joined up with a friend on a 690 and we took on one of the black-diamond single tracks in the Arnold Gulch area. Quite a few rocky and technical obstacles which really got my attention on the T7. Would not ride that by myself. One mx-er who passed by the two of us was amazed to see an ADV bike on the trail, and when we finished and saw him loading up at the trailhead he said he's going to go get a T7 now! This trail and more in the area were used by the Collegiate Peaks Enduro. The atv/mc trail #1434 on the north border of Brown's Canyon National Monument was especially enjoyable. 

Also in the Buena Vista area are a number of high-altitude 4x4 passes which are great too. On this trip I checked out the historical Otto Mears tollroad to the old Bonanza mine. It's loose in spots, but not steep or particularly difficult. Good ADV ride. So much great riding in this area!

20220617_083419.jpg

20220617_171604.jpg

20220616_155703.jpg

20220619_114646.jpg

20220619_100635.jpg

20220618_130830.jpg

20220618_130019.jpg

20220618_121559.jpg

20220618_090458.jpg

Edited by Moto
  • Like 2