Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cheap windshield

Toppie

Just ordered one of these from Motea.

Heavily discounted.  Clear version is a bit more but I'm not overly fussy.

I think it's worth a punt for the price......

€43 + some small change inc postage to Ireland.

airoad_windschild_584958-001.jpg

Motorcycle touring screen for improved wind protection and weather protection Torso and helmet are relieved of wind pressure for relaxed riding Optimised shape and extra height of the windshield provide improved...

Edited by Toppie
  • Like 1

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

May as well make space in the garage @Toppie, it won’t be the last. I’m on three already. And an adjuster.  I swap them about every now and then before putting my low screen back on. 😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dougie said:

May as well make space in the garage @Toppie, it won’t be the last. I’m on three already. And an adjuster.  I swap them about every now and then before putting my low screen back on. 😂

You may well be right.

I already have the adaptors....:027:

Stop it, stop it!

If u want a well engineered adjustable screen, just buy a madstad and your buffeting/screen issues are over. I have bought every brand of screen and add-ons. Waste of $ until discovered madstad.

I challenge anyone who bought a madstad and did not like it, tell us!

And yeah, I don't know if they ship worldwide.

19 minutes ago, TexasT700 said:

Stop it, stop it!

If u want a well engineered adjustable screen, just buy a madstad and your buffeting/screen issues are over. I have bought every brand of screen and add-ons. Waste of $ until discovered madstad.

I challenge anyone who bought a madstad and did not like it, tell us!

And yeah, I don't know if they ship worldwide.

Couldn’t fit one to mine. I’ve seen the size of them. Makes it look like a 1950s police bike. Any bigger and it would need a red flashing light on it for aircraft. Some people like to ride behind the screen. For me I like to be over it. Sports screen all the way. Lots of air but smooth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When you get old like me, looks won't matter much! However, they size the screen height for each person's dimensions.  I dont think mine looks like an old police bike. They shape them cool. But, I am 72😃

• Like 2

Price looks good.  I assume they based in Europe? So maybe vat etc added to UK.

I like my screen but tried the stock one again. Got fed up with not being able to ride with visor up so went back to tall screen.

I use this screen type. Works well enough.  40cm. Wind blast is a couple of inches above peak.

20220620_114733.jpg

• Like 1

Well....

They do look well made but they are pretty big!

$260 is a tad more than I wanted to pay though.

I'll see how my €40 jobbie pans out.

It's at a price point more compatible with my pension.

Complete MadStad Adjustable Windshield System for your Yamaha Tenere 700 (2021-up) Transform your ride MadStad's patented mounting system allows riders to adjust the height and angle of their motorcycle...

• Like 1

Pics of the cool tombstone shape of madstad. I see over top, see street about 35 feet in front of bike when adjusted nice. Can lean it back if want it lower, or buy for next shorter person. I run mine all the way down n full forward mostly. You won't thnk it sooo big when u riding down freeway wit cigar, blowing smoke rings in your envelope of still air. Ok, exaggerated a bit.😉

20220623_064205.jpg

20220623_064420.jpg