Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tread is WAY over rated

Redneckj

Last week was the Touratech rally in Plain.  We left on Friday after lunch and rode sections of the WABDR to get over to Blewett pass.  Then Saturday we rode 200 miles, 150 were off road.  The off road was crazy rocky in sections. We ended up going to Chumstick lookout, sugarloaf lookout and Tyee mountain lookout.  I was running the Michelin Anakee Wilds, one friend running MotoZ tractionator and another friend ran a super scalloped front Mitas E10 and a BALD (slick) Mitas E10.   I couldn’t believe the rear tire could survive the sections of BDR and the riding he threw at it on his Raid Garage KTM 790.  So now I know,  you really don’t need tread.  It’s over rated.  🤣😂

94C7195D-D6C8-4688-A81E-3330814F1307.jpeg

70DD7197-805F-42D0-8884-653B274D3E2C.jpeg

BEB38999-F603-4108-B1F5-2B1043C53EBB.jpeg

Edited by Redneckj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You have loads of tread on that tire...just not where you use it most.