Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dual Venture Review?

PNGL
Go to solution Solved by AZJW,

I backordered an Anakee Wild front from Sierra BMW in May, that was supposed to be back in stock on 6/22, but I still haven't heard anything about it. I think I'm going to cancel it and order something else.
Can anyone give me any kind of reviews on the Motoz Dual Venture front tire? My Tractionator GPS rear will be here this week, but the matching front looks far too street oriented to me. This is why I'm looking at the Dual Venture. I need solid cornering performance on the road with off-road performance as much better than the STRs as possible. I love the STRs on the street, but they have been garbage off-road. I have a tendency to get competitive on these mountain roads, so on-road cornering is important, for safety's sake. LOL
I also like to go up what others tend to call "jeep trails" and they can get rough. Pictures are of one of the trails I went up yesterday and where it lead to, after crossing 3 creeks and 2 rivers... As always, pictures do it no justice and it was STEEP, about 35°.
I digress. The Dual Venture; if you have it, tell me about it. Please and thank you.

20220704_121328.jpg

20220704_130552.jpg

20220704_130720.jpg

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
  • Solution

@PNGL A Dual Venture search brought up this thread. Check out the 7 posts below this to get a couple of reviews on the Dual Venture.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up going with the Motoz Tractionator GPS front and rear. They are way better offroad than the stock tires. However, they are also definitely not as sticky on road due to the harder compound. I got them mounted last week and went for a ride Saturday and Sunday. I ended up getting stuck in a downpour on my way home yesterday. Also (N. GA people will understand) I went through Helen, rather than around Helen; so I was stop (a lot of stop) and go for about 2 miles. Playing about in the rain, I found that trying to clutch up a wheelie in 1st or 2nd, it will either wheelie or spin like hell. Same thing for a hard 1-2 shift. These GPS's definitely are a bit looser on wet roads. That said, I prefer to ride offroad anyway. The pavement just gets me from dirt road to dirt road. Now, my bike mostly only spins when I want it to on gravel. Much more predictable and controlled, in general. Overall, I'll give the Tractionator GPS two thumbs up. 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️