Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

wheel bearings

bth2

now at 19,000 miles ,  and time for a tyre change .i decided to give her a good rear end strip down and clean. new tyre anlas winter grip.great tyre,lasts me 7,000 mls. a little expensive but cant beat the grip levels on cold wet roads. all rear bearings changed . decent quality oem bearings and found nothing wrong with them. replaced with quality bearings ,just for touring peace of mind. rear pads replaced . i use EBC 208tt ,they last well and work for me. claliper got a good strip and clean. now good to go for winter rallies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished doing my wheels. Front were OK so I carefully lifted the bearing seals and smeared in a bit more grease.

I did the rear wheel bearings but not the sprocket carrier. The original bearings were OK so I will clean them up and keep them as spares.

Is it just me or do you need to be an octopus to refit the rear? I need to practice a bit as it could cost time if I have to do a tube in anger.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.