Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New tool roll idea

Lewie

Picked this ex army SA80 tool kit roll up on eBay for £10

looks ideal for a budget tool roll

id guess it fits snugly under the rally seat

Measures approx 40cm x 25cm open and stretched ( it’s eradicated) and 25cm x 15cm rolled and closed

mine came with another almost waterproof porch in a concealed pocket

I’ll get a pic of it installed under the seat - now to fill it

47E85E97-0584-435A-8FDF-E70A58640A4C.jpeg

8E1CE1D5-FDFF-4E2B-83B3-CBCAC4313520.jpeg

C5B10AE9-0DE8-445E-BC80-68BF458E1E6A.jpeg

92FE0316-1467-406C-A3D1-70CA787BA22B.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

And what tools are in it?

Nothing yet -it’s just a tool roll - I’ve yet to fill it with tool I think I may need 

And does it still fit when you do that?

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

Picked this ex army SA80 tool kit roll up on eBay for £10

looks ideal for a budget tool roll

id guess it fits snugly under the rally seat

Measures approx 40cm x 25cm open and stretched ( it’s eradicated) and 25cm x 15cm rolled and closed

mine came with another almost waterproof porch in a concealed pocket

I’ll get a pic of it installed under the seat - now to fill it

47E85E97-0584-435A-8FDF-E70A58640A4C.jpeg

8E1CE1D5-FDFF-4E2B-83B3-CBCAC4313520.jpeg

C5B10AE9-0DE8-445E-BC80-68BF458E1E6A.jpeg

The inner pouches are what I use under the seat too, great tool rolls. Three under a +40 rally seat.
I also use one for my toothbrush etc. 👍
toothbrush isn’t under the seat. 

Edited by Dougie

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

And does it still fit when you do that?

Have I done something wrong? Or is there a point to your post?

Edited by Lewie

37 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Have I done something wrong? Or is there a point to your post?

No but i want to make sure i understand it correct.
You say it fits snug but i see an empty tool roll so i just want to know with what tools and if it will fit also when it's filled with tools.
If it does we have the full information and if it doesn't then you actually did something wrong because it's pointless to have an empty tool roll snugly under the seat :classic_wink:
It's not an (personal) attack but i just like complete information so i just wait for the end verdickt :classic_cool:

Maybe I’ll leave the topic there - it’s objectionable- I doubt you’d be able to cram more in it than would fit under the seat but I’m willing to bet that someone would probably have a go to prove me wrong 

what I want for day to day I’m sure would fit in there comfortably (according to the size of it) enough for an around the world trip definitely not-

Edited by Lewie

Lewie I get what you mean. I have just bought a rally seat and am amazed at how much space is underneath. We are lucky in the UK to have breakdown companies who will help you out should you have a major off or mechanical disaster. You only need a few basic tools and some zip ties to carry out minor repairs. And they will fit nicely in that roll. Good buy for a tenner. 👍

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

Maybe I’ll leave the topic there - it’s objectionable- I doubt you’d be able to cram more in it than would fit under the seat but I’m willing to bet that someone would probably have a go to prove me wrong 

what I want for day to day I’m sure would fit in there comfortably (according to the size of it) enough for an around the world trip definitely not-

It’s a good post @Lewie, a handy tip, with a roll designed for multiple smaller items too. It’s ideal. Whether under seat or stached in a bag, keeping other items clean. 👍 like you said, ex army so plenty and cheap. 

I also got a cheap toolrol, size 40x21 cm unfolded, 12x21x4 cm folded and equiped with my tools i take on a trip. All fits under the high rally seat.

In my right softluggage side bag i had 2 tubes and a small footpump.

IMG_20220709_092639733.jpg

IMG_20220709_092347588.jpg

• Like 3

Some good rolls here, some interesting tips on what tools to carry too.  I made one up but it would scarcely fit under the seat, any seat!  It just fits in one of my Mosko 10L saddle bags and that's without the waterproof bag though I might look at putting it in the bag hey.  It's not a very practical kit yet, I just stuffed in tools I had  on hand. 

I carry a breakerBar and socket for the rear wheel nut too, in the other saddle bag.  Those saddle bags are great for day to day gear.

10489561_TOOLBAG-.jpg.f895a90dddc3f0df17738cbeb38b04d4.jpg

Edited by winddown