Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Homemade strap keepers

williestreet

Years ago we would just tie a bunch of knots in any excess strap left over when strapping things to the bike.

Now it seems most of the bike related bags and tie downs sold come with those elastic strap keepers.  They seem to work fine when new, but lose their memory over time and fail to keep things in order as they get older.

I started using cut up bicycle tube as strap keepers a few years ago and for me at least they are holding up much better than those that come with tank or tail bags.

Old 28-32mm tubes is what I had laying around.  Thin strips work well, but if you desire something with more holding power just cut them wider.  

For me sometime the little things make your life a lot easier.  Hope someone can use this tip.

D459ECF9-9454-4CD2-BB04-DEDF07EE7BC5_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Mosko Moto bags have a piece of Velcro at the end. Used that also on other items with a loose strip.

Just for who doesn't own a bicycle like me (yes, im that one Dutch guy without one).

• Like 1