Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Seat height 34.6 Inches

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck finding the low seat in the States?  It appears to be backordered on every site I've gone to.  I could order from the UK but it's coming up on double the cost after shipping.  

Edited by AB Stoney

• 2 months later...

I installed the cheap $30 Chinese lowing links sold on ebay and they work fine, are easy to install and are made of aluminum which saved a half pound. Also made a lowered seat by removing the cover and cutting down the foam about a half inch on top. You can also make the seat more comfortable if you shape it right. Taking a bit off the sides allows your legs to reach the ground easier.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, AB Stoney said:

Has anyone had any luck finding the low seat in the States?  It appears to be backordered on every site I've gone to.  I could order from the UK but it's coming up on double the cost after shipping.  

i ordered one from ebay - a yammie dealer in Florida?

s-l400.jpg

Complete seat assembly provides easy installation.

Edited by cstatman

and?  my low seat seems exactly like the stock seat.

the Yammi Dealer in FLA says "oh, your dealer must have shipped with low seat"

I dont believe it

Can ANYONE with a real low seat confirm the part number on the seat?

mine is BW3-F4710-00
Pic attached with both seats I have one on top of other

I'd love to find out if this is really the low seat, - or my leg is being jerked

IMG_0118.jpeg

8 minutes ago, cstatman said:

I dont believe it

mine is BW3-F4710-00

I'd love to find out if this is really the low seat, - or my leg is being jerked

IMG_0118.jpeg

There’s one for sale on ebay at the moment, 

s-l400.jpg

Yamaha 700 Tenere Low Seat Bought New & Never Fitted. Unboxed New Other. This is a genuine Yamaha part and not a copy. It is in...

From the pictures it looks like the same number but there’s another number on the opposite side.

Hope this helps 

1 hour ago, cstatman said:

I dont believe it

mine is BW3-F4710-00

IMG_0118.jpeg

Whoever told you that is BSing you so hard that I can smell over here...

From Bikebandit.comimage.thumb.png.b1fe2adb04f57696ca4873e2319e35ab.png

The number you have is OEM regular seat.

This is the low seat P/N from the Yamaha.com
image.png.565150401d49caff6cc86f581ea6fa43.png

thanks all -- I've emailed the dealer, and will see what happens

they still show 2 left on ebay

but until he can prove its the low seat - i am not convinced he didn't just send me the stock seat

s-l400.jpg

Complete seat assembly provides easy installation.

I just ordered one from them...ETA Dec 1st. 

Hopefully its lower like advertised. Otherwise I'll return it. Or I'll shave the foam...

Edited by Hammy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hammy said:

I just ordered one from them...ETA Dec 1st. 

Hopefully its lower like advertised. Otherwise I'll return it. Or I'll shave the foam...

Same but maybe a bit sooner - ordered over the weekend. Will report back but my part numbers on the order seem to match the lowered seat.

• Like 2

I’m just waiting for a set of 20mm lowering links to come in the post.

I was happy with the height of my bike until I got the correct spring for my weight and set the sag correctly (20mm static and 62mm rider is what I have at the moment).Now the bike is set up Correctly it is sitting a lot higher in the Suspension stroke and I’m struggling a bit to get my feet down comfortably.Im aware that I will be loosing 20mm ground clearance with the new links but I think having the correct sag values is more important.Having standard links but a to soft rear spring will result in sitting down through the stroke and possibly loosing 20mm ground clearance anyway.Having the proper sag value and a lowering link if needed is a better option. 
I would suggest setting the sag correctly first and if the bikes to high then try a lowering link as it’s a lot cheaper than a low seat.

Edited by Gary b
  • Like 1

they replied back : we sent you low seat 

so?  I am marking the Florida Dealership on eBay/Kissimmee FL as a "never order again"  on my long long list of people/companies i dislike  🙂

Now its probably time to remove the seat cover on ONE of my seats and start shaving foam.   See what I can get

I wish Seat Concepts sold low foam only....   (hint hint)

2 hours ago, cstatman said:

they replied back : we sent you low seat 

so?  I am marking the Florida Dealership on eBay/Kissimmee FL as a "never order again"  on my long long list of people/companies i dislike  🙂

Now its probably time to remove the seat cover on ONE of my seats and start shaving foam.   See what I can get

I wish Seat Concepts sold low foam only....   (hint hint)

That sucks. I'd ask eBay to step in. You've got pics and a parts diagram showing they sent you the stock seat. Does your invoice/box/sticker have that same number on it? 

Showed up today it's definitely the lowered seat:

tenere_seat3.jpg

tenere_seat2.jpg

tenere_seat1.jpg

Hard to tell from pic but both #'s match on the back bw3-f4710-00

Edited by anotherbike
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got mine today as well...doesnt make a big difference, but its noticeable. A little more foot on the ground.

• Like 2

thanks Hammy and AnotherBike.

I measured - mine are both exact same size.

but-- I shaved the foam in one - and am working on a "how to" for the tech section.

With 2 seats, I will have street and SUPER LOW for single track adventures   (in spring)

thanks!

On 11/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, cstatman said:

I dont believe it

mine is BW3-F4710-00

IMG_0118.jpeg

That's the Seat Pan number I believe and is likely on both the OEM reg and low seats. The OEM Low seat is clearly lower and side by side the difference is clearly seen. If they 'look' to be the same then they ARE the same.. its as clear as red and black when together in front of you. Contact them and tell them they shipped you the regular seat and ask for a refund. If they disagree contact eBay/PayPal or simply contact our credit card company (what I do) who will do an immediate charge back of your funds. This is why I don't use Debit cards as they don't fall under the same Credit Protection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adrenolin said:

That's the Seat Pan number I believe and is likely on both the OEM reg and low seats. The OEM Low seat is clearly lower and side by side the difference is clearly seen. If they 'look' to be the same then they ARE the same.. its as clear as red and black when together in front of you. Contact them and tell them they shipped you the regular seat and ask for a refund. If they disagree contact eBay/PayPal or simply contact our credit card company (what I do) who will do an immediate charge back of your funds. This is why I don't use Debit cards as they don't fall under the same Credit Protection.

yep -  seat pan

the seats measured out to exact same size.   I'd emailed the dealer - they promised me I was wrong and there is NO WAY that would have happened.

the box it came in had NO packing, small seat, big box,  I'm kinda convinced a mistake was made ---

but I cut my stock seat lower - and put the "ebay seat" on a shelf for street rides
and marked it all up to "dont do business with them again"

I am glad ya'll's showed up low - and I hope it helps more of my inseam challenged brethren!  🙂

• Like 2