Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Off-Road BDR Build

mpb1

I got this T7 in the initial wave of pre-orders to the US.  I'm in Utah, and had an initial goal of hitting the Canadian and Mexican borders in my first year.  I did get to them (in two years), and I'm going to take the bike and re-build it to be off-road touring oriented.  I first pulled 33lbs of racks and center stand off, and I'm just getting to dropping weight and changing tire style.

Original Build, 521 pounds full/wet

TKC70 Rocks tires, OEM 150/70/18 rear size

Yamaha crash bars (heavy!)

Yamaha touring kit with center stand and Givi panniers / racks

Koso Apollo heated grips

Doubletake mirrors

Garmin Zumo GPS

RAM wireless cell charging mount

Rally Raid 85# spring

Rally Raid taller windshield

2wheel dyno works ECU tune - snorkel removed, OEM otherwise

New Build - Racks/fender/center stand down 33#, boxes were another 24.1#.  Bike weighed 464# after removing Yamaha parts

Removed Yamaha / Givi rear rack, sold it and panniers

Removed center stand

Removed passenger pegs

P3 carbon engine guard

Amazon aluminum fender eliminator

Amazon LED turn signals that also light for braking and running lights, with front adaptors and LED relay

Tusk Highland X2 rackless luggage

AntiGravity ATZ-10 Lithium battery

Rocky Mountain parts come in tomorrow.  I'll start adding pictures.  My first wonderment is can I mount the rackless luggage without a rear rack.  This is my goal, I'll see how it goes.

Parts on my mind

Exhaust to reduce weight, slip-on or full Ti system?

Lighter cell phone mount with faster charging simple cable?

High fender kit

YZ foot pegs

YZ front brake

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mpb1 said:

Rocky Mountain parts come in tomorrow.  I'll start adding pictures.  My first wonderment is can I mount the rackless luggage without a rear rack.  This is my goal, I'll see how it goes.

Take a look at the Black Dog Cycle Works Helipad.  Replaces the passenger seat and is a perfect light weight platform for mounting rackless luggage. 
I’m very happy with mine 

T7_Helo_TopSide_web__04171.1607986430.50

The ULTIMATE in adventure motorcycle armor! Black Dog Cycle Works products are designed and made in the U.S. Armor, lighting solutions, platform footpegs and rugged luggage. BDCW products are what any serious...

Edited by Liquidape
  • Like 2

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.