Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

auxiliary plug yamaha tenere 700

Challfornia01

Hi - I am looking to find the plug to fit into the right hand side auxilary plug under the fairing, I am fitting a GPS (tom tom) and I would like to get the correct plug to fit the factory supplied part. My bike is 2022 Rally. Bike is French. I just can't find help anywhere...

Thanks in advance for help:)

• Like 1

I used one of these.

s-l400.jpg

DIN 4165 - Hella socket 12Vdc 16A max. Becoming a new standard in automotive accessories. Unlike the cheaper copies on the market, our products are suitable for 24v use up to 16A. Premium build socket made of...

I didn't us the backing nut. The threaded section is a very close tight fit in the hole so I just pushed it in and used a tiny blob of superglue to holed it in place. I wired direct to the battery with a 10A in line fuse so the socket is live all the time. Good for running a small air pump and the like. I run my GPS from it with a 3A in line fuse in the power lead.

I prefer the Merit over the standard cig type as the connection seems a lot firmer.

No need to dismantle fairings to wire. Use some 1.2mm TIG wire and thread through the fairing. Attach your power supply cable  to the wire and carefully pull through to connect to the socket before fitting it in the dash. No more than 5 minutes work. I then threaded a length of small corrugated conduit over the cable for protection and cable tied everything in place.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 hour ago, Challfornia01 said:

Hi - I am looking to find the plug to fit into the right hand side auxilary plug under the fairing, I am fitting a GPS (tom tom) and I would like to get the correct plug to fit the factory supplied part. My bike is 2022 Rally. Bike is French. I just can't find help anywhere...

Thanks in advance for help:)

If you are talking about the 3 wire 10 amp plug, you can get those from Eastern Beaver. See link below. They are Sumimoto plugs. 

The 2 wire 2 amp plugs are much harder to find, but I did find some on ebay after a bunch of searching. Forget who makes them

• Like 1

@Challfornia01, I had the same issue and found this on ebay.  Delivers from Poland - ETA is 08 August in the US. I will post once I receive and connect / install. I am also using it to power a GPS and USB charger / voltmeter. 

s-l400.jpg

I have for sale Yamaha Tenere 700 T7 ( compatible also with other models - check list ) Auxiliary DC jack outlet plug usb accessory socket. Yamaha MT07 MT09 T7 outlet usb Tenere Tracer accessory socket connector...

• Like 1

@TRT7 I bought the same connector from Poland (via eBay). Worked great, recommended for that prewired connector on the right side. I used it to power my GPS…

• Like 1