Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis 22L tank from Motostorm

Buggy Nate

I wanted one as soon as I seen them available, the old 23L on the last Tenere was good for up to 500k’s. I was crying at the thought of paying the Aussie shops $700 AUD. I normally love to support them but when it is still $150 cheaper going overseas and that’s including $100 freight it is a little hard to take!

Ordered one from Motostorm in Italy who I’ve had great dealings with in the past and it arrived less than 5 days later. Amazing!

• Like 2

Look for my posts regarding the Acerbis tank. I bought mine from MX1 in Sydney and paid the $700. 

I had major issues where there was a leak near the pump mount that no amount of sealant would fix.

I contacted MX1 after trying everything I could. After just 1 phone call they had a new tank in the mail.

Their service was exemplary.

I hope you don't have issues with yours as you may not be able to return it OS smelling of petrol. Not to mention the time frame.

Good luck with your tank but I am more than happy to keep an Australian supplier in business when service will exceed anything you may get from OS.

edit: read my saga here.

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

4 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Look for my posts regarding the Acerbis tank. I bought mine from MX1 in Sydney and paid the $700. 

I had major issues where there was a leak near the pump mount that no amount of sealant would fix.

I contacted MX1 after trying everything I could. After just 1 phone call they had a new tank in the mail.

Their service was exemplary.

I hope you don't have issues with yours as you may not be able to return it OS smelling of petrol. Not to mention the time frame.

Good luck with your tank but I am more than happy to keep an Australian supplier in business when service will exceed anything you may get from OS.

edit: read my saga here.

Yeah well aware of your unfortunate tank issues, I was in the trade for over 20 years. I do try to support them but the price gouging and average service from most local businesses will force people overseas. There has been numerous local businesses I have tried to spend my money with lately and cannot be assed replying to simple queries and emails. 

Edited by Buggy Nate

7 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

There has been numerous local businesses I have tried to spend my money with lately and cannot be assed replying to simple queries and emails. 

Trying not to highjack the thread, but that's a problem I have also encountered on far too many occasions. 

When the T7 was first officially shown in Bologna, I watched the stream of the show. Afterwards  I sent an email to 2 Yam Dealers in my country (Luxembourg) basically saying "Now that it's officially announced, I want that bike, so please tell me how much and take a deposit from me". 

Well, I'm still waiting for their answers. Maybe they're lacking office personnel. 

Meanwhile, I bought the bike in Belgium as they responded to a similar mail, sent a week later (due to no answer to the previous mails) and they answered within a business day. Gave them a deposit, quietly waited nearly a year an got what I think was the first T7 in my country. 

Even though I like to support businesses around me - some don't seem like they want the support. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qInvention said:

Trying not to highjack the thread, but that's a problem I have also encountered on far too many occasions. 

When the T7 was first officially shown in Bologna, I watched the stream of the show. Afterwards  I sent an email to 2 Yam Dealers in my country (Luxembourg) basically saying "Now that it's officially announced, I want that bike, so please tell me how much and take a deposit from me". 

Well, I'm still waiting for their answers. Maybe they're lacking office personnel. 

Meanwhile, I bought the bike in Belgium as they responded to a similar mail, sent a week later (due to no answer to the previous mails) and they answered within a business day. Gave them a deposit, quietly waited nearly a year an got what I think was the first T7 in my country. 

Even though I like to support businesses around me - some don't seem like they want the support. 

Yep! 100%! I have had absolutely terrible service from local guys and that was when I was in the trade as well. I had a leaky Bell helmet that pissed water in through the visor that they refused to warranty. So I don’t rate our service industry at all and have had way better service overseas. I have had similar occurrences with multiple vendors here and have not spent thousands of dollars because of poor service. It took me ages to get a price from the last three Yamahas I have bought and went with the first guys to respond all three times.