Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Throttle body synch

norton73

Who's done a throttle synch?  I have the tank off and have figured out the hoses, etc, but can't figure out how I'm going to access the adjustment screw when the tank is back on.

I've done a ton of 4 cylinder bikes back in the day, and have long screwdrivers to do those, but they weren't fuel injected, so i used an old lawn mower tank hanging from the bars to gravity feed the bike. Can't do that now.

The manual calls for a special screwdriver tool, but 1) I'm cheap, 2) surely someone came up with a workaround.

You need to tilt the tank forward using some piece of wood ore something and get to the sync bolt. Get the proper screwdriver and do dry test without the tank to see how you need to get in there while the tank is on.
Not that hard, just need the right length screwdriver.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Interceptor said:

You need to tilt the tank forward using some piece of wood ore something and get to the sync bolt. Get the proper screwdriver and do dry test without the tank to see how you need to get in there while the tank is on.
Not that hard, just need the right length screwdriver.

Exactly what I did on mine.

• Like 1