Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trail stands

thepointchris

off on a different tangent - does anyone have solid trail-side experience with "enduro style" stands? it seems the one I picked up won't lift the front wheel: the positions and height I tried is still to far "back", it won't lift the front,  and it won't fit or extend long enough to move more forward, to try the vertical slots on the front side of my Camel ADV bash plate. 

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

I've had an Enduro Star Trail Stand for almost 10 years and only have had the occassion to use it once for a rear tire repair on my dirt bike.  Packs down very small,  but keep track of the attachments as they're easily lost.  ( speaking from experience). Made in the USA, $44 shipped.

https://www.endurostar.com/

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

26 minutes ago, AZJW said:

I've had an Enduro Star Trail Stand for almost 10 years and only have had the occassion to use it once for a rear tire repair on my dirt bike.  Packs down very small,  but keep track of the attachments as they're easily lost.  ( speaking from experience). Made in the USA, $44 shipped.

https://www.endurostar.com/

Have you found a place under the seat that the stand can be stored?

• Moderators
On 12/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Redneckj said:

Not yet,  but I'll update this when I do. The replacement parts that I misplaced are due in next week. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I guess I've been lucky, only had to lift the rear on my Tenere with my Enduro Star stand.

spacer.png

• Like 1

@norton73 This makes me think of the expression "Just an accident waiting to happen"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I've used my Enduro Star Trail Stand to lift the front wheel. I insert the stand into one of the front slots on my AdvSpec bash plate, the stand just long enough to lift the tire off the ground. More of the bike's weight is supported by the sidestand than by the Enduro stand I suppose, and with trans in first gear, it's quite stable. There's a limit, of course, so I loosen off the front axle (and bolts of one of the calipers if removing to make reinstalling the wheel easier) before lifting the bike with the Enduro stand. Definitely try it at home/shop before needing it while riding. I mark the stand for the correct height for front and rear so it's a no-brainer to set it up when needed.

For the rear wheel removal, loosen axle nut and use the velcro strap around the front brake lever/throttle grip with trans in neutral, and all's well. Obviously for any trail stand the bike is ideally on fairly level ground.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Redneckj said:

I actually found two places to store my Enduro Star Trail Stand. The easiest access is under the seat, but if one has a RallyRaid Tail rack and wants to save the under seat storage, the stand fits perfectly inside the side tube of the tail rack.  You will need to carry a hook tool of sorts to fish it out of there.  I wrapped the stand in plastic wrap to keep it together and keep rattling/ scratching to a minimum.  The hook portion fits perfectly in the holes in the Camel-ADV Gut Guard and as @norton73 posted above, it works for the rear wheel as well.

20221212_082639.jpg.9a02df31216d3a7a74e9cdfa3a83fba9.jpg

20221212_082726.jpg.99b099fdcf530176df40b21c448dabb4.jpg

20221212_082738.jpg.2818cc7584d6707f1143399a71b8008f.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

If you ride in the woods...

Adam Riemann repairs his front tire using a strap and tree to remove the front wheel: 

https://youtu.be/SrbjkZgVueo

Saw that about a week ago, now I'm carrying a 12' strap under the seat. Great method, but don't know if it'll work satisfactorly with a Sagauro cactus!

• Haha 1

Having a strap is a good idea, especially if you have to tow a bike. @AZJW your post got me thinking about putting one on my bike as well. Thanks! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

If you ride in the woods...

Adam Riemann repairs his front tire using a strap and tree to remove the front wheel: 

https://youtu.be/SrbjkZgVueo

Brilliant- Especially where there are trees, like the whole Pacific Northwest where I live and ride.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:44 PM, Hibobb said:

@norton73 This makes me think of the expression "Just an accident waiting to happen"?

I loosen the axle nuts, etc before lifting the bike on the stand. It then stayed steady that way for over an hour while waiting for my friend to return with a replacement inner tube.

• Like 4