Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hats off to Camel ADV!

Husafreak

I got the Camel ADV Rally pipe and muffler and love it. But I am amazed by the service and support I received regarding that! Sad to say mine had a slight defect, the silencer insert was assembled by someone in a far distant land that couldn’t be bothered to do a nice job, or even finish his job! I noticed the defect and emailed Cory some pics and about five minutes later he called me from Calgary! I’m not worthy 😉 right? I told him I was working on it and could probably fix it in an hour (I did fix it) but he insisted on sending me a replacement which was obviously built by a pro. So a big thank you to a guy and company that insists on selling quality products and supporting them. That a beautiful thing, maybe more now than ever.

Before shot of the fixed original which was missing a bolt and poorly made and after shot of the work Camel ADV expects and sent me.

C72EE1DF-4DE2-445D-9839-DDAA2EA4B1BF.jpeg.89191ba58fbc0afafb7bce8b73ece3a5.jpeg8A6C3F93-F43C-42AC-B4AE-9CD9EC87E767.jpeg.c75352d02be0db67dd7bf244cadf829d.jpeg

Edited by Husafreak
  • Like 7

Yep. Nothing like good service for repeat business. I post somewhere here about an Aussie supplier that was brilliant with replacing a defective Acerbis tank.

I have the high pipe and the sidestand spring. Previous bike had the Camel tank fitted. Repeat business 🥰

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I bought some gear from CamelADV that got hung up in US customs. Cory's team followed up every day with a status report of what they were doing to free up my stuff. Absolutely the best customer support I've seen in a decade! 

• Like 3

If it wouldn't be such a loss for us, I would encourage him to take over for that Trudeau fella....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• 5 weeks later...

I had a couple of parts left out of the packaging. Sent an email and replacements arrived in a couple of working days. 

Customer service done right. 

Camel also offered to replace the springs which had superficial rust, however as is only cosmetic I'm happy to keep abusing the bike as is. 

• Like 2

The shipping takes a bit but all his stuff ive bought has been top notch. I have the clutch arm en route now.

• Like 2

I have had the pleasure of buying a number of Cory's products and they have made my T7 infinitely better.  They are one of the best in the business with quality parts and products combined with outstanding service.  Good Canadian Boy.  @Camel ADV

• Like 1

I reviewed some stuff I got from

them, all five stars except for some plastic teardrop things for the aftermarket LED’s which I had to grind down a bit to fit. No big whoop, just not perfect. Cory called me to tell me that I must have gotten some old ones from a bad batch and I had to admit I bought them from another shop, not direct from Camel ADV. Boom, he sends me new ones. Just, WOW.

Another interesting thing about the Camel ADV stuff is they all improve the bike. If you look at the stuff he makes and or sells then you pretty much know what has to be done. Even if you don't choose his product it's there because the stock solution is inferior.

Like I just ordered the Yamaha OEM crash bar specific clutch lever he made which is now available, and I skim over the other stuff he has and see the BRP cain guide, but you know I don't need it right? So I duck out to the garage to see what the stock one looks like. Because why would Cory have that on there? And damn, there is NO chain guide on the bike. I had not noticed that! Yamaha put tapped holes in the swing arm but passed on the item. Not good, I've never had a dirt bike that didn't come with one. Anywhoo, stuff like that.

• Like 1

I won't comment about the BRP chain guide. Maybe I will!

When I got my T7 in March 2020 Yamaha had zero stocks of the chain guide.

I looked at an Acerbis and manufactured my own bracket.

Shouldn't have posted my pics as Acerbis and BRP later made their own.🤨

Anyway, currently waiting for the Australian supplier of Camel products to get stocks of the clutch lever.

Not that I think the T7 has a heavy clutch; I just like to spend money 🤣

• Like 2

The awesome quality and customer service that CamelADV provide are often spoken about, but one aspect that receives less notice is how thoroughly planned the kits are. 

I recently installed the clutch kit and was again impressed with how complete and well thought out the kit was. Not only was there a circlip included, but it was higher quality than the stock Yamaha part. Other vendors most likely would not have  provided one at all. 

@Camel ADV please say hi to Holly for me and thank her again for her exemplary support when US customs mismanaged my package! 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

The awesome quality and customer service that CamelADV provide are often spoken about, but one aspect that receives less notice is how thoroughly planned the kits are. 

I recently installed the clutch kit and was again impressed with how complete and well thought out the kit was. Not only was there a circlip included, but it was higher quality than the stock Yamaha part. Other vendors most likely would not have  provided one at all. 

@Camel ADV please say hi to Holly for me and thank her again for her exemplary support when US customs mismanaged my package! 

We try to build kits with the mindset of, "What would I want to see or receive in the kit" and go from there. Cost constraints don't always allow it but that's the rough guideline 😉

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 9/30/2022 at 12:06 PM, Rider 101 said:

I won't comment about the BRP chain guide. Maybe I will!

When I got my T7 in March 2020 Yamaha had zero stocks of the chain guide.

I looked at an Acerbis and manufactured my own bracket.

Shouldn't have posted my pics as Acerbis and BRP later made their own.🤨

Anyway, currently waiting for the Australian supplier of Camel products to get stocks of the clutch lever.

Not that I think the T7 has a heavy clutch; I just like to spend money 🤣

Who is the Aussie supplier mate?

Adventure Moto had a bit of their stuff in stock. Last order I did they were nil stock on some bits and pieces. As it worked out there wasn’t much difference in price and probably quicker to get it all direct off Camel. And was very happy with the quality of the few items I got. 

• Like 1

Adventure Moto get Camel gear in. Keep an eye on their web site.