Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hepco Becker centre stand

KeithA

Hello all;

Can anyone advise me, I have a Hepco Becker centre stand for 2019 Tenere 700/Rally.

Will this stand fit my 2022 Euro5 Tenere 700 without modification??

Thanks in advance.

Keith Atkinson

2 minutes ago, KeithA said:

Hello all;

Can anyone advise me, I have a Hepco Becker centre stand for 2019 Tenere 700/Rally.

Will this stand fit my 2022 Euro5 Tenere 700 without modification??

Thanks in advance.

Keith Atkinson

I have the H&B on my 2021 Euro5 bike (identical to 2022). You can check on their website if there are different models for Euro4 and Euro5 models - but I would bet this is not the case, relevant changes usually only affect skid plate and crash bar fitment.

I have the H-B centerstand on my 2022 T7 (US model) and it fits fine. 

Edited by Hollybrook

• 5 weeks later...

I just installed my new Hepco-Becker center stand on my Canadian 2022 T7 today.  With what I would call expected minor fiddling & figuring out the instructions, it went on just fine.  The fiddling:  was slightly opening the hole (touch of filing) for the inserted bushing, in the right side bracket, and using a soft-head hammer to tap the stand mount lugs together to get them to slip up between the brackets.  Interpreting the instructions to mount the left side bracket was the biggest challenge (for me anyway).

I do have one question.  Does anyone have a nice trick, or tool suggestion, to stretch the spring into place?  Late in the day, I stopped to think it over.   After trying some basic pulling, I realized something with more mechanical advantage was needed.

I used an old set of brake spring pliers from drum brake days like this: 

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for KD Tools Brake Spring Pliers Model 298 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many...

One end is designed to install springs with hooks. 

Edited by Hollybrook