Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha accessories order problems.

WingVetteStrom

Started ordering farkles for my new T700, and decided on OEM crash bars and center stand.  The ordering website, that you get linked to from Yamaha Powersports, was slow, balky, and repeatedly froze.  Tried on two laptops and different browsers.  When I called the customer service number I was transferred to somewhere else, and twice on two separate calls got a message saying the staff was in a meeting and they would call back.  That never happened

When after a lot of banging on keys and waiting, refreshing, etc., I was finally able to put in my order, I never received a confirmation email.  Waited a couple days and called again and typed my order number into the phone menu.  The recorded voice said that my order was on hold until they could verify my method of payment.  Huh?  (I used a credit card, no PayPal option.)

Tried again the next day and same message.  Called the customer service number and the overseas service that answered told me there was no problem with my payment, that message was in error, and that they had to call to tell them to push my order through.  Huh again?!

I had enough by that point and cancelled the order.  Maybe just bad luck on my part but I doubt it.  Beware of ordering Yamaha accessories online.  Never again for me.  Plenty of aftermarket options out there.   Just a head up ya'll.  

------------------------------------------------------

Edit:  Yamaha OEM accesories are available from Babbit's (search "Yamaha Parts House").   Only negative was Babbit's charged tax, and the Yamaha website didn't.  As screwed up as the Yamaha Parts site was that was probably an error.

Edited by WingVetteStrom

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

I am glad and hopeful your order was cancelled.  I try to not do any business with anyone who makes it difficult to give them money.  There are plenty of quality vendors who make things easy and will take my money/process the order correctly.

6 hours ago, WingVetteStrom said:

Started ordering farkles for my new T700, and decided on OEM crash bars and center stand.  The ordering website, that you get linked to from Yamaha Powersports, was slow, balky, and repeatedly froze.  Tried on two laptops and different browsers.  When I called the customer service number I was transferred to somewhere else, and twice on two separate calls got a message saying the staff was in a meeting and they would call back.  That never happened

When after a lot of banging on keys and waiting, refreshing, etc., I was finally able to put in my order, I never received a confirmation email.  Waited a couple days and called again and typed my order number into the phone menu.  The recorded voice said that my order was on hold until they could verify my method of payment.  Huh?  (I used a credit card, no PayPal option.)

Tried again the next day and same message.  Called the customer service number and the overseas service that answered told me there was no problem with my payment, that message was in error, and that they had to call to tell them to push my order through.  Huh again?!

I had enough by that point and cancelled the order.  Maybe just bad luck on my part but I doubt it.  Beware of ordering Yamaha accessories online.  Never again for me.  Plenty of aftermarket options out there.   Just a head up ya'll.  

I have a brand new center stand for sale. 

20220813_175203.jpg

22 hours ago, thruster said:

I have a brand new center stand for sale. 

Wish I had know before I OP'd the post.  Bought a new one from Babbit's.  (Yamaha Parts House.)  BTW if you need OEM parts or accessories there eddie10  (checkout code) will net you 10% off.

Edited by WingVetteStrom
  • Thanks 1

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.