Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 airbox cover 3D print

Chris1974

I designed this thing to be a replacement for the original cover using the original filter.

I had the ECU flashed by TwoWheelDynoWorks and they recommend you remove the snorkel leaving a very blunt hole in the original cover.

So I designed this cover with an inlet that lets the air enter a little smoother. It has the same diameter hole as the original cover and it doesn't interfere with the stock seat. Tested it today and it works just great!

You can find the model at: Thingiverse

Print in PETG or ABS for heat resistance.

qwerty65432.jpg.986e2961b9b6a32563ff03e91b93210e.jpg

Edited by Chris1974
  • Like 5

I designed this one awhile ago, It is designed quote on quote the most efficient bell mouth. If you want the files they are yours. It also raises the point of air intake. 

IMG_2306.jpg

• Like 1

I'd really would like something like that but still pointing forward because i don't like it to be a bucket.

20 minutes ago, Kedo Parts USA said:

I designed this one awhile ago, It is designed quote on quote the most efficient bell mouth. If you want the files they are yours. It also raises the point of air intake. 

IMG_2306.jpg

Nice! I had something similar from Thiniverse but when installed it hit the pokey bits that stick out under the seat...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I'd really would like something like that but still pointing forward because i don't like it to be a bucket.

That is not so hard to design, but there is not a lot of room under the seat for a big bell tilted on its side

Edited by Chris1974

12 minutes ago, Chris1974 said:

Nice! I had something similar from Thiniverse but when installed it hit the pokey bits that stick out under the seat...

Yes, I cut that part off. 

• Like 1