Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How can i wheelie on my T7 advice

Ender

I've never understood this desire to wheelie you have the bike in an unstable condition with your best braking effort 2' off the ground FFS grow up.

2 hours ago, Mapbook said:

I've never understood this desire to wheelie you have the bike in an unstable condition with your best braking effort 2' off the ground FFS grow up.

Sorry Dad, we’ll not do it again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mapbook said:

yeah that why I never felt the need to get good at it... everyone who are good at it wiped out once or twice and  replaced the rear fender once or twice... but in the same token I believed depending what is your type of riding some situation require you to be able to lift the front wheel off.  

What they explain in the vids is that popping the front up can get you over obstackles in a much more controled wat than just driving in to them.

I want to learn this also. Just have to find a good spot for practice.

I'm not a wheelie superman. But movement towards the rear of the saddle at the same time as you pull the handlebars and a pull of the clutch in second gear. It helps a lot to lift the front wheel. (holes, trunks, various obstacles).

Learning to wheelie on a big bike is a recipe for an expensive lesson. 
Learn on a smaller dirt bike or similar that way when you loop it out or drop it it won’t be a big deal. 

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Small bike to learn, check!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS