Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Factory skid threaded holes

Toymaster

What are the threaded holes for on the left front of the factory skid plate for?

I've done several internet searches and come up dry.  Looks like a good spot to mount a small tool kit, however the factory had to of had some idea to go through the trouble of using the nutserts in that spot.   If everyone knows except me at least there will be thread for others to find via search in the future....

A Look At Yamaha's Range of Tenere 700 Factory Accessories ...

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

Would you believe that part number only brings up outside the USA results.  Notice you are in Canada; Aussia, UK and Euro are brought up in searches.  I could not find that on a USA Yamaha or parts finder website based in the USA. 

Edited by Toymaster

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

Oh that is quite funny that you can only find in Aussi and Euro vendor.

I don't have it, but I DO know it is not a very poplular item here in Canada.

I know like one person got it and there are a ton of people around me has T7

but ya, some people make a smaller pouch for key/strap things instead of that big box.