Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mods for a tall rider

monster_owl

Hello world, what are some mods you would recommend for a tall rider? I'm 6'6"/199cm, around 270lbs/123kg. I plan on getting a rally seat, but not sure what else is out there. 

At 6' 4'' i have uprated the rear spring 

Yamaha T7 Uprated OEM Shock Spring
Lowered rear suspension links (20mm) easier to get my foot down, bar risers (20mm) less reach to the bars, tall screen. 

All the above can be tried and easily put back to standard.

Edited by Mapbook
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiddyone said:

Bigger foot pegs

...and eventually lowered pegs. Although I don't have them myself, I'd recommend Bosley pegs, they come in a huge variety of sizes and lowering options.

• Like 1

Flipping the bar mounts, rolling the bars forward and possibly some risers (that's what I currently use at 6'5").

Edited by Mapster
  • Like 1

I have the Bosley pegs that are 30mm lower and 20mm back.  They are great for riding position and very well made. 

The one caveat is that depending on your boots and riding position, it is difficult to lower the shifter enough. I have removed the nub on the back of the aluminum footpeg mount casting which helps a bit.  Now the lower ball end of the shift linkage is hitting the frame, limiting how low I can adjust it. For now I have a piece of fuel line over the part of the shift lever that contacts my boots, but I am going to cut and weld the lever this winter to make it fit like I want it to. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mapbook said:

At 6' 4'' i have uprated the rear spring 

Yamaha T7 Uprated OEM Shock Spring
Lowered rear suspension links (20mm) easier to get my foot down, bar risers (20mm) less reach to the bars, tall screen. 

All the above can be tried and easily put back to standard.

Damn, I'm more than 105 kgs, not sure if that would work for me.

12 hours ago, monster_owl said:

Damn, I'm more than 105 kgs, not sure if that would work for me.

At 110 kgs i find it works well.

• Like 1