Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Motoz RallZ Rear, DV, Terrible Noise

maxbato

Motoz RallZ Rear, Dual Venture Front. Around 500 miles so far and they are becoming LOUD! Like unbearable Loud on the hwy. I expected them to be noisy, but I am experiencing a really loud hi-pitched whine like a jet engine is under me. It gets better if I lean way forward into my front windshield but something is definitely wrong.
It honestly sounds like my bike is reved almost to the limiter at anywhere between 65-85mph. Oh yea, 85 is very twitchy if you are not giving it any counter steer. Almost crap your pants wiggle and very light feeling in the front.
Sag is set to 68mm. I have tried the following tire pressures:
Front/Rear
30/30
31/32
32/34
33/36 (Stock) This produces the most wiggle in the front but the sound is always the same. Horrible!
Both are the Tubeless versions BTW, I think the noise is mostly coming from the rear.

Chain slack is set to 50mm from end of bottom chain guide to middle of chain when applying light pressure.

I am wondering if I am misaligned somehow. Any ideas would really help if you are running the same combo. Did I get a bad set somehow? Ordered from RockyMnt.
I am out of ideas.

• Moderators

@maxbato You are not alone as the Dual Venture front has been getting some mixed reviews.  The RallZ rears are great, but the fronts RallZ? Not so much for street use.

I too am interested in the Dual Venture,  but seeing a few comments like yours, @Cruizin ( see link) and a few poor reviews on RMATV has me waiting a while to see if these are isolated instances or not.

( moved from General Discussion).

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@AZJWdo you mean the Rallz front tire not getting good reviews? The Dual Venture typically gets good reviews and doesn't have a matching rear tire. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

@AZJWdo you mean the Rallz front tire not getting good reviews? The Dual Venture typically gets good reviews and doesn't have a matching rear tire. 

Fixed my original vaguely worded post. Thanks for this as rereading it I was confused too!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The Rallz front is great off-road and is OK at best on road, under 65 mph. The faster you go above 65 mpg the higher the “pucker factor”.   I still have a Anakee Wild front tire with only 2500 miles on it.   I’m going to put it back on.  Going to give my son the Rallz front to install on his 501.  

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 11:19 PM, Redneckj said:

The Rallz front is great off-road and is OK at best on road, under 65 mph. The faster you go above 65 mpg the higher the “pucker factor”.   I still have a Anakee Wild front tire with only 2500 miles on it.   I’m going to put it back on.  Going to give my son the Rallz front to install on his 501.  

I've actually settled on that front tire as well. Michelin Anakee Wild front, and Dunlop 908RR rear. Has been a great combination for me. 

20220404_082045.jpg.1b9de93f43f2f5b0132dc51b280e4883.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been using the Adventure and have been rather surprised by how silent they’ve been on the road, my last tyre the AX41 was louder surprisingly. I do tend to wear ear plugs on the road but not always. 

This might be a silly question but they are definitely set in the right direction? 

Video of my tires and my thoughts

https://youtu.be/i4-7CT7uYVA