Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mosko moto revolver 80. Pockets?

Kiwi

Hello

I am looking to splash out on a mosko baggage set for my bike. I will mostly be going on weekend trips with the occasional week long tour staying in a tent. 

I was thinking the 80 liter bags would be good for me. But do I really need the pockets? Or honestly 80 liters of capacity? Thats alot.

What do you all think-?

That's all up to your needs and what you will take with you.
I have the Mosko Moto R80 with the 4L aux pox and the 4L molle pouch and use the Scout 30 duffel instead of the Stinger 22 for long trips incl. camping gear.
In the Aux pox i have 2 1L MSR bottles for extra fuel and in the other i have a compressor and jumpstarter plus my rain gear if i don't need it.
De 4L molle pouch is to have some space for grocery's i pick up along the way.
This is a blog about what i pack and it doesn't matter if it's a week, 3 weeks, 2 months or a year i just hope i get to a multiple month trip. For now it's max. 3 weeks one trip a year plus a few shorter.

• Like 1

I have the R80 with the aux pods attached to the bottom of each leg.  For a short weekend trip probably too much space. For a week+ long camping trip just about right. It would be nice if the pods were more quickly removable. 

On a 10 day trip I used the pods to hold my camp chair, booze, and utensils and camp clean up supplies. Right leg held the tent(sans poles), cooking + coffee gear ( burner, kettle,+French press), left leg held sleeping bag, air mattress, pillow and camp lighting. Dry bag under the beaver tail held clothes and toiletries.   Could load grocery’s and or beer in a small foldable soft cooler between the beaver tail and the dry bag when headed to camp for the night. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Hello

I am looking to splash out on a mosko baggage set for my bike. I will mostly be going on weekend trips with the occasional week long tour staying in a tent. 

I was thinking the 80 liter bags would be good for me. But do I really need the pockets? Or honestly 80 liters of capacity? Thats alot.

What do you all think-?

If you are like me, you will fill what ever capacity you own, to the brim. Less available space means less you can bring. I suggest you lay out  what you 'need" to bring and measure it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NeilW said:

If you are like me, you will fill what ever capacity you own, to the brim. Less available space means less you can bring. I suggest you lay out  what you 'need" to bring and measure it.

Champion idea!

80L is alot of capacity, I would like to bring along a small rucksack for day hikes etc. I have one that resembles a dry bag, the 40L saddlebags might be best since I coukd bungee the rucksack on the tail of the bike.

Pictured is what I take for a weeks wilderness hunting in the Arctic summer. I wont need alot of this stuff lower down. I gladly wont be carrying it on my back either!

Screenshot_20221026-060825_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Kiwi

4 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Champion idea!

80L is alot of capacity, I would like to bring along a small rucksack for day hikes etc. I have one that resembles a dry bag, the 40L saddlebags might be best since I coukd bungee the rucksack on the tail of the bike.

Check out the The Mosko Moto Nomax tank bag that is also a backpack !  Has a two-liter hydration reservoir with an insulated hose. The interior has a seven-liter capacity, not including the expansion capability of the Beavertail. It is made of 1680-denier ballistic nylon and has an MSRP of $215.

I did a review on it. Check it out 

48 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

the 40L saddlebag

Correction, 29L. It's 2 x 29L plus a 22L tailpack that makes it 80L total.

@Kiwii've through a few luggage iterations. Everyone's priorities are different, but mine were reliability and simplicity. A lot of systems have a bunch of straps, buckles, and widgets that break and add complications plus weight. Actually at this point the notion of a bag "system" is a bit off-putting. I just want a bag I can strap on to the bike, doesn't cost 10% of the bike's MSRP, and doesn't vendor lock me. Off hand, Kriega, Enduristan, Andy Strapz, or Turkana have fit that for me.

Also, motorcycle specific bags can handle the generic stuff, but I'm going with bags that suit my slant. I'm moving from a tank bag that I adapt to fit a camera to a camera sling that I adapt to fit my tank. Want to hike or hunt? Strap an Eberlestock bag to the tail along with some saddlebags.

And what @NeilW said is absolutely true: you'll fill what you have. Starting small and modular helped me. Makes you question if you really need X.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

Check out the The Mosko Moto Nomax tank bag that is also a backpack !  Has a two-liter hydration reservoir with an insulated hose. The interior has a seven-liter capacity, not including the expansion capability of the Beavertail. It is made of 1680-denier ballistic nylon and has an MSRP of $215.

I did a review on it. Check it out 

Agree, it's a great daypack/tank bag solution.

• Like 1

I went with the revolver without pockets. I saw a kreiga system in the flesh today and it wasnt for me.

I need to be able to carry climbing ropes, fuel and a chainsaw as well as wet weather clothing. The Mosko moto bags look robust enough to do that with. I simply dont have the time to fine tune an option so I realky liked the all in one system Mosko offers.

I dont like tank bags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

I went with the revolver without pockets. I saw a kreiga system in the flesh today and it wasnt for me.

I need to be able to carry climbing ropes, fuel and a chainsaw as well as wet weather clothing. The Mosko moto bags look robust enough to do that with. I simply dont have the time to fine tune an option so I realky liked the all in one system Mosko offers.

I dont like tank bags.

I use my tank back as a tail bag most of the time.  Small and convenient extra storage. just not in my way when I stand.

• Like 1