Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebar Simulator

AZJW

• Moderators

Thanks to the efforts of @nihil , we have this pretty slick handlebar simulator for forum members to use. 

https://tw200.org/barsim-t7/

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• AZJW pinned this topic

Fair warning, it will be moving at some point. That's just a temporary setup on my TW200 site, will have something more T7-centric and update when it's in place.

Edited by nihil
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, nihil said:

Fair warning, it will be moving at some point. That's just a temporary setup on my TW200 site, will have something more T7-centric and update when it's in place.

Thanks for this. Let me know when you've finished it and I'll make sure the final version gets pinned for easy reference.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that comparing the stock to Pro Taper EVO ADV and ADV High bars that the main 1-1/8" clamped midpoint of the EVO bar is forward from the OEM by ~1".  

The bar models don't line up at the clamp, the average of the whole bars are centered. I could probably have it do some math and reposition things at the clamp but for now it's just a model to model comparison. Maybe next revision I'll try to work that in.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@nihil /\