Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Updated Barkbusters?

MarkT700

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have just got a World Raid, i am looking to fit Barkbuster for a bit of protection when I drop it. I have seen there are some issues with the kit for the barkbusters fouling the brake hose, requiring the handguards to be angled downwards. Recently I am sure I have heard mention of an amended 'bent' arm for the inner mount , is this correct does anyone know who is currently supplying the new version or does anyone have a part number? Alternatively can the modified arms be purchased separately? Thanks in advance.

Mark

15 hours ago, MarkT700 said:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have just got a World Raid, i am looking to fit Barkbuster for a bit of protection when I drop it. I have seen there are some issues with the kit for the barkbusters fouling the brake hose, requiring the handguards to be angled downwards. Recently I am sure I have heard mention of an amended 'bent' arm for the inner mount , is this correct does anyone know who is currently supplying the new version or does anyone have a part number? Alternatively can the modified arms be purchased separately? Thanks in advance.

Mark

What’s different about the World Raid brake master?

Dan, as far as I am aware it is the same, but I understand the new kit has an offset on the inner mount that improves clearance allowing more freedom in setting up the angles of the brake and clutch levers.

regards

Mark

Acerbis mounting kits all seem to have a deep groove/bend for the cables - at least the X-Factors which I have.

But my choice now would be Highway Dirtbike guards. Some guys here have them fitted.

Less wind protection probably, but supreme mounting and lever clearance.

Edited by Tenerider

I fail to understand the issue some people are having with BarkBusters. Mine fit and clear all hoses, cable, and Acerbis tank. 

They are the original and the best.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Thank you Rider 101 for your experience of the Barkbusters for the T700, I do not have them fitted, just the standard plastic ones at the moment, so cannot comment, but having done some research before buying, it appears there is  now an amended/ updated kit available for the T700, which I am trying to find more information on. Retailers seem to just have just the original style kit on their websites, with the straight cylindrical inner mount.

I agree on your comments on the quality of them I have had them on a previous bike and they were great, hence they were my go to option for the T700.

Thank you.

Mark

5 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Acerbis mounting kits all seem to have a deep groove/bend for the cables - at least the X-Factors which I have.

But my choice now would be Highway Dirtbike guards. Some guys here have them fitted.

Less wind protection probably, but supreme mounting and lever clearance.

Actually, I've found the Highway Dirt Bike plastics provide noticeably more wind protection than either the Barkbuster VPS previously fitted to my T7 or the BB Storms fitted to my R1200GS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

Actually, I've found the Highway Dirt Bike plastics provide noticeably more wind protection than either the Barkbuster VPS previously fitted to my T7 or the BB Storms fitted to my R1200GS. 

Great to know, thanks!

1 minute ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Remember that you don't want windprotection during the summer.

Yes, you need to make compromises. I found Acerbis X-Factors to be a good compromise for me. Not too hot during the summertime, and some welcome wind protection now at 2° C.

B-054 offset did the trick and I can get the clutch lever at the angle I want.

Still a disappointment that the bike specific kit did not work to my satisfaction.

$30 for what this is - a bit pricey.

20210920_124851.jpg

20210920_124855.jpg

Edited by TenereTragic700
  • Like 2

It seems the part number for the Bark Busters kit for the Tenere with the offset is BB-BHG-078-01.  As I am looking to go off road with the bike, I will be standing up regularly so the brake and clutch will likely need to be rotated downwards, hence the wish to have more adjustment. I could buy the offset arms separately but this would add further to the cost.

Thank you to everyone for your input.

Regards

Mark

• Like 2