Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MIVV Exhaust and Other Mods

Bruincounselor

I bit the bullet and got the MIVV on sale last month. I knew the stock tail didn't play well so I got the Altrider kit with the Cyclops 3.0 turn signals. Yes, it's not the cheapest setup. Installed this weekend, I live in the white north so it will be months before I can give a review of it all. The MIVV isn't much louder than stock so I think I'll be OK (I like quiet). They play very well together, and the Adv Spec stuff fits perfect with them. I got the bike in late fall so I only have 600 miles on it; but I waited a year and planned my mods carefully. I didn't want to add much weight, but do want to be comfortable and able to throw it on the ground without much worry. I think I succeeded. I weighed everything going on or off the bike so weights are total change with that part:

Current Major Mods include:

Seat Concepts Tall comfort one piece (+22 oz)

AXP skid plate (+62oz)

HDB handguards (+7oz)

Doubletake Adv mirrors (+0 oz)

ADV Spec Crashguard (+94oz)

Altrider tail w/Cyclops 3.0 (-42oz)

MIVV High (-78oz)

Adv Spec tail/side racks (+630z)

At this point I think I've added only 9 pounds to the bike, but made it much more crash worthy and comfortable.

A couple of shots of the tail for those on the fence:

20221210_161913.jpg

20221210_161927.jpg

Edited by Bruincounselor
Spelling
  • Like 3

Buddy what kind of luggage are you using? Looks like you're not using the pillion pegs? Any issues with the exhaust conversion besides the tail tidy? Can you please share more pictures of it on how it blends with the AS side luggage rack. Mivv exhaust can easily taken and put back it's DB killer right? Still choosing between the MIVV and HP Corse. Thanks. 

Edited by Baksi
Correction

On 12/10/2022 at 10:41 PM, Bruincounselor said:

I bit the bullet and got the MIVV on sale last month. I knew the stock tail didn't play well so I got the Altrider kit with the Cyclops 3.0 turn signals. Yes, it's not the cheapest setup. Installed this weekend, I live in the white north so it will be months before I can give a review of it all. The MIVV isn't much louder than stock so I think I'll be OK (I like quiet). They play very well together, and the Adv Spec stuff fits perfect with them. I got the bike in late fall so I only have 600 miles on it; but I waited a year and planned my mods carefully. I didn't want to add much weight, but do want to be comfortable and able to throw it on the ground without much worry. I think I succeeded. I weighed everything going on or off the bike so weights are total change with that part:

AXP skid plate (+62oz)

HDB handguards (+7oz)

MIVV High (-78oz)

At this point I think I've added only 9 pounds to the bike, but made it much more crash worthy and comfortable.

20221210_161913.jpg

20221210_161927.jpg

Very nice. 👍

1 hour ago, Baksi said:

Buddy what kind of luggage are you using? Looks like you're not using the pillion pegs? Any issues with the exhaust conversion besides the tail tidy? Can you please share more pictures of it on how it blends with the AS side luggage rack. Mivv exhaust can easily taken and put back it's DB killer right? Still choosing between the MIVV and HP Corse. Thanks. 

In my humble opinion, I think the bends of the mivv follow the shape of the bike better. It’s on my list, although I do love the arrow. Just want it higher. Good to see the tail light conv works. 

• Like 2

I am not using pillion pegs - I'll never have a passenger. Those pegs do weigh over 1 pound each so it's something to think about. I don't see any limitations for rackless style luggage (Giant Loop, etc.). I may need to add tiedown loops to the forward peg bolt to fit some larger luggage; something like this: 

giant-loop-mounts-1.jpg

Giant Loop Soft Luggage Mounts for motorcycles, snowmobiles, snow bikes, Timbersled, Moto Trax strap anchors for gear dry bags lash points

or this is less and a more secure design (IMHO)

Use our universal heavy duty brushed aluminum strap mounts to secure Wolfman bags to your bike. (Mounting Bolts Not included.) Dimensions: 2 3/8”/ 6cm Long X 1 ½”/ 3.9cm Wide Slot Width: 1”/ 2.5cm...

Either way is much lighter than the pegs I'll never use. I did custom make the AS Bracket out of 1.5" Aluminum angle. More photos attached.

The MIVV fit right on with no drama. I don't plan on removing the dB killer so I can't answer that - it looks simple enough.

20221210_161834.jpg

20221210_161848.jpg

20221210_161858.jpg

Edited by Bruincounselor
  • Like 2

• Moderators

@Bruincounselor Your homemade brackets look good and if someone happens to mention that it'll fail due to fatigue, don't sweat it.  I was chided ( on another inferior forum ) for my aluminum strap mounts for a 4" tool tube, stating it would fail due to my bending the aluminum around the tube,  then a 90° bend for a mounting tab.  I've watched it for over 9,000 miles and 18 months, still holding strong. 

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@Bruincounselor Your homemade brackets look good and if someone happens to mention that it'll fail due to fatigue, don't sweat it.  I was chided ( on another inferior forum ) for my aluminum strap mounts for a 4" tool tube, stating it would fail due to my bending the aluminum around the tube,  then a 90° bend for a mounting tab.  I've watched it for over 9,000 miles and 18 months, still holding strong. 

1/8" (3.175mm) 6061 isn't going to bend easily. I think it will be solid. If not I can make new brackets in ~15 minutes. I used angle so it's not bent or stressed in it's current application. Thanks for the positive feedback - I think Adv. Spec should make these available as an option for others.

• Like 2

@Bruincounselor Thanks for the reply appreciate the information shared. Sorry I quite got lost with the AS side rack luggage bracket. Do you mean that they did not include a bracket to mount it on to the bike? or AS designed it to mount with the pillion pegs? I don't have my rack yet so I'm not sure. Buddy from Seattle WA helped me out shipping the parts to me here in Canada. How much did you got the exhaust sale price? I'm hoping to get the exhaust hopefully this boxing day. Thanks.

On 12/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, Bruincounselor said:

AXP skid plate (+62oz)

HDB handguards (+7oz)

MIVV High (-78oz)

20221210_161913.jpg

20221210_161927.jpg

Did you have any issues mounting the pipe bracket?  The hole on the mounting tab closest to the tailight is not drilled in the right spot.  I can't bolt it on the bike.  I'm going to have to call them and get a new bracket...

The MIVV bracket fit perfectly. No adjustments needed.

The AS racks come with brackets and spacers to mount up with the passenger pegs installed. You can use spacers if you pull the passenger pegs, but then you are using heavy brackets and longer bolts that will lever on the frame when you crash. Your choice.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 2:41 PM, Bruincounselor said:

The MIVV bracket fit perfectly. No adjustments needed.

The AS racks come with brackets and spacers to mount up with the passenger pegs installed. You can use spacers if you pull the passenger pegs, but then you are using heavy brackets and longer bolts that will lever on the frame when you crash. Your choice.

I'm becoming interested in buying the Mivv, are you in North America? All I can find is it off of eBay. You got it on sale as well?

Bellissimoto.com out of Las Vegas, NV has the MIVV. Note that the heat shield is sold separately.

Link:

MIVV Slip-on, Dakar Stainless Steel, Standard Exhaust For Yamaha Ténéré 700 2019-2022

They had a Black Friday sale last year. Currently on sale too; I wonder if they are closing them out.

Edit to add: They have a ton of other parts for the T7.

Edited by Bruincounselor

• 3 weeks later...

The tube got changed in 2023. Maybe there were problems when the swingarm hit it and both pipe and swingarm got damaged. I also removed the cranky clip that holds the brake line and wiring and replaced it with a rubber covered stainless steel clamp.

MIVV-Dakar_2023.png

Edited by Ede-DE