Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha OEM Heated Grips

Mark T700

Where are people buying Yamaha OEM Heated Grips for the T7?  I know many are using Oxford heated grips....the OE controller will work better for me.

Are these the part numbers required?

BC6-H253L-00             Connector Cable

YME-F2960-00-00    Heated Grips

Thanks!

I thought they were discontinued?  Not very reliable by all accounts.  Oxford adventure grips have been great for me.

• Like 1

Which Oxford model(s) are meant for the Tenere 700?   They have several at widely different price points.  What's the difference between the different offerings?

• Moderators

Related topic with new part numbers. I've installed two sets of the oem heated grips, no complaints. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The grips have been renewed with the new part number. Looking at £200 with the spacers and lead.  
just got Oxford hotgrips. Went with the adventure evo, temp settings with thermostat, not power.  Paid £85 (rrp £130 ish, too much). Then got the oem lead £14) to butcher to fit them to the front, not the battery. 
the Oxford adventures are wider as per originals, but yes, you have an extra controller. 

8 hours ago, Dougie said:

The grips have been renewed with the new part number. Looking at £200 with the spacers and lead.  
just got Oxford hotgrips. Went with the adventure evo, temp settings with thermostat, not power.  Paid £85 (rrp £130 ish, too much). Then got the oem lead £14) to butcher to fit them to the front, not the battery. 
the Oxford adventures are wider as per originals, but yes, you have an extra controller. 

Same here although I picked mine up on eBay (new from a shop) for around £50

heres my install 

I see many buy the Oxford, but i dont like the big controller. I went for tecnoglobe. The small controller is on the grip itself. 5 heating modes, hot enough for me.

motorcycle-hot-grips-integrated-control-

Heated grips thin, comfortable with integrated control display, specifically made for modern motorcycles with full heating power for low consumption.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Same here although I picked mine up on eBay (new from a shop) for around £50

heres my install 

Yeah saw the other versions, mine from eBay too, but went with the newer evo version with the temp control and thermostat not heat control.  I’ll update in the future to see if it was worth the extra, or just a snake oil gimmick. 😁

the local Yamaha dealer wanted £160 fitted😳

• Like 1

I put oxfords on mine but the grips are wayyyyy too big. I'll be looking for something different so I can run normal grips.

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

2 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

I put oxfords on mine but the grips are wayyyyy too big. I'll be looking for something different so I can run normal grips.

You can get something like these and use any grips you want 

I used them on my WR-250 and wish I had installed them on my T7 instead of the Yamaha ones. 

symtec_heat_demon_heated_grips.jpg

The Symtec Heat Demon Heated Grips are a great, must have accessory. 2-stage heated grips that keep you comfortable and warm and riding with these rea…

3 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

You can get something like these and use any grips you want 

I used them on my WR-250 and wish I had installed them on my T7 instead of the Yamaha ones. 

symtec_heat_demon_heated_grips.jpg

The Symtec Heat Demon Heated Grips are a great, must have accessory. 2-stage heated grips that keep you comfortable and warm and riding with these rea…

I hate using tusk parts, as it's basically the "great value" version of anything, but their kit is the same thing for $22. I'm half tempted to use the Oxford controller and use the tusk heater elements so I can fine tune the heat. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 9:09 AM, Black Dog Moto said:

I hate using tusk parts, as it's basically the "great value" version of anything, but their kit is the same thing for $22. I'm half tempted to use the Oxford controller and use the tusk heater elements so I can fine tune the heat. 

I'm going to be doing this very same thing real soon.  I saved my Oxford controller, but unfortunately didn't save the connectors from the grips when I threw them out a couple of months ago.  Just ordered the Tusk heating elements and some connectors from Amazon that look like they'll pair up to the connectors on the Oxford controller.  Stay tuned...

Is it a problem that the wiring on the new connector ends is about half the gauge of the wiring on the Oxford heat controller?

20221231_111123.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son

1 hour ago, Seventh Son said:

Is it a problem that the wiring on the new connector ends is about half the gauge of the wiring on the Oxford heat controller?

20221231_111123.jpg

Depends if it’s capable of taking more than the expected current for your heated grips. If it doesn’t, it will become a heater element itself and melt. Quickly.
You could use the Yamaha oem connector for about £15 which will be up to the job. 
does the connector and cable state what amp rating it has? Same with the grip heater. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Thanks 1

I ended up using some other connectors that I had laying around that had thicker gauge wire.

I wrapped both the left-side handlebar and throttle tube with electrical tape, installed the Tusk heating elements, put the grips back on and wired everything up.

Started the bike and put the Oxford controller on high and within a few minutes the grips were nice and toasty. 

So for anyone who has an Oxford controller laying around, it can still be used to power up other types of grips, including the wrap around heating elements. 

• Like 4