Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MCC Cruise Control

sracer

Throttle locks are okay, but real cruise is far superior. While I don't ride at consistent speeds for long distances often the times I have done so sparked my search for add on cruise for the T7. MCC from Australia was the only real system I found  and after some deliberations, which took a while due to cost,  I placed the order which arrived in Texas in under a week from down under. 

I finished the install today. It's not a small job and I made it more difficult. The install manual is >50 pages...it is very comprehensive and well done. There are a lot of pieces: servo to control throttle, connections to both brakes, clutch, speed sensor, RPM feed... The install took 6 hours last weekend and when done bike was not running right and cruise was non-functional. I emailed MCC in Australia and they responded quickly. Frank and I exchanged emails for a few days as we worked through issues which were all due to connection problems to the ECU. This was all on me: despite a lot of experience this was my first time pulling and replacing conductors from an ECU plug. They are small and tricky to remove and reinstall and every issue was poor connectivity to the ECU. The system works great now, I rode for about 60 miles today and it performed flawlessly, up/down, canceling with brakes or clutch, etc. There is a lot of capability to fine tune things like the rate of acceleration and speed change per button click but I am going to ride it more before playing with that stuff.

The people that make this system provide the best for support I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. I highly recommend this company.

• Like 6

I installed my Mr. Cruise control last year and had the same issues with the ECU connections and the same very good outcome including exemplary service from Frank.   It's every bit as good as an OEM CC.  Spendy, but worth it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NWrider said:

I installed my Mr. Cruise control last year and had the same issues with the ECU connections and the same very good outcome including exemplary service from Frank.   It's every bit as good as an OEM CC.  Spendy, but worth it.

Glad to know I am not the only one challenged by those connectors. I would have preferred to cut the wires and solder.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Any updates to your reviews of the M C Cruise?  Have taken a few trips (one with Kaoko) and a cruise control is definitely something I want/need.

Throttle thumb goes numb after a while and if that is happening, something is not right.

The cost is quite high, which of course is the only limiting factor.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, roygilbo said:

Any updates to your reviews of the M C Cruise?  Have taken a few trips (one with Kaoko) and a cruise control is definitely something I want/need.

Throttle thumb goes numb after a while and if that is happening, something is not right.

The cost is quite high, which of course is the only limiting factor.

Thanks in advance.

The system has been working perfectly since installing; for at least 7000 miles 

• Like 1