Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust that won't chew up swingarm?

OneEyedTiger

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, Chadillac said:

@RiderEh I am still final fitting everything, but the pipe to swingarm clearance looks good from the side (about 1" between the side of the swingarm and the pipe). However, I need to check the up and down clearance to see if the lower spring on the mid pipe could hit the brake line protector in the event of a rear suspension bottom out. This is the same issue that others have reported with the MIVV exhaust. I need to unbolt the rear shock and pivot the swingarm all the way up to see if it would make contact.

The kit comes with a bracket that mounts under the fender, then I connected the Black Widow silencer support to it. No fab work required thus far, except I need to cut the bolt that connects these two as it is very long and may make contact with the tire under a full bottom out. Not sure on that, but it looks like it may be possible, so I'll cut that bolt shorter just in case.

image.png.cd893b72db6b31ecd48665acbaa5b42d.png

Any update on fitment/brake clearance? I'm thinking of ordering the same setup still.