Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MIVV high mount installed

r1superstar

13 hours ago, Diezel said:

Did you find out what was wrong with the mounting bracket?

Yes.  It wasn't cut properly.  I have to grind a section of it off and oblong the mounting hole a smidge.  The tab of the bracket was hitting the underside of the bike, next to the grab area, thus not allowing the hole to line up.  I contacted Moto Machines and sent them the pictures.  They told me the bracket should be fine after my modifications.  The res lines show what I cut off.

Screenshot_20221227_120102_Gallery.jpg

20221225_155419.jpg

• Like 1

Ahh i see. Good you could fix it.

I mounted my Dakar slip on today and the mount was as it should.

I’m a little concerned though about the spacing between the middle pipe and the swing arm, I got only a few mm to spare.

the pipe doesn’t go on any further on the joint at the stock pipe either.

How much space do you have?

33701B13-9F43-4335-B385-3478F9788B42.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes it’s very close but do not touch when suspension are fully extended (lifted bike and checked). I have emailed and asked Mivv and asked about it but they are closed until 8/1 

• Like 1

That's really close.  Are you able to loosen the clamp and rotate the pipe away from the swingarm a little?  I have about 12mm spacing.

• Like 1

I have rotated as much as it goes unfortunately. I have sent Mivv an email but they are closed until 8/1.

I talked to another Mivv Dakar owner today and he also had very tight gap in between.

23 minutes ago, Diezel said:

I have rotated as much as it goes unfortunately. I have sent Mivv an email but they are closed until 8/1.

I talked to another Mivv Dakar owner today and he also had very tight gap in between.

Went to the garage to check for you and my gap is about a centimeter.
If i remember correctly i was twisting and turning a little to get it to my liking.

Edited by Ray Ride4life
typo
  • Like 1

Couple guys on FB having the same clearance. Hopefully this is not going to be an issue. No way I'm going to jump the bike or ride any enduro type trails. Just pavement, gravel and fire road for me. 

Thanks guys for sharing information.

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, r1superstar said:

Yes.  It wasn't cut properly.  I have to grind a section of it off and oblong the mounting hole a smidge.  The tab of the bracket was hitting the underside of the bike, next to the grab area, thus not allowing the hole to line up.  I contacted Moto Machines and sent them the pictures.  They told me the bracket should be fine after my modifications.  The res lines show what I cut off.

Screenshot_20221227_120102_Gallery.jpg

20221225_155419.jpg

I just recieved my Mivv high mount exhaust for my 2024 and i am having the same issue with the bracket not lining up. Also from watching install videos on youtube it seems that my bracket is way shorter than all of these others  and yes the others are the new bend so they obviously must have sent me a wrong bracket. Also the bracket they sent me was not finished properly it still had the numbers of what grade stainless steel it was printed on it.  For the price of these exhausts these things should be final and look good and bolt right up No grinding or sanding its just bullshit.  

1 minute ago, ryan80 said:

I just recieved my Mivv high mount exhaust for my 2024 and i am having the same issue with the bracket not lining up. Also from watching install videos on youtube it seems that my bracket is way shorter than all of these others  and yes the others are the new bend so they obviously must have sent me a wrong bracket. Also the bracket they sent me was not finished properly it still had the numbers of what grade stainless steel it was printed on it.  For the price of these exhausts these things should be final and look good and bolt right up No grinding or sanding its just bullshit.  

20240207_160226.jpg

And also i didnt sand those corners of the bracket  thats how they came to me. quality control seems poor

I tried to mount the muffler with the original bracket and gave up.

As I planned to build my own tail I integrated the exhaust hanger as a 2 piece part. 

Mivv made changes to the pipe in 2023 and with this newly designed pipe I had no problems with acceptable distances to all bike parts. MIVV-Dakar_2023.jpg.8ac1d50d2646635c1c99f854050c4a5d.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE