Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Coolgear USB chargers

random1781

Just wanted to point out chargers made by a company called Coolgear. I've been using their stuff for years, and it's excellent quality. This might be overkill for most people, but I wind up with a lot of different batteries and doodads that I need to charge, and trying to filter through all the rebranded Chinese crap on Amazon is a bit annoying.

They make all kinds of USB chargers, including USB PD stuff. They sell them in enclosures, but you can also get cheaper board-only versions, which are great to tuck under the seat:

CoolGeartopbanner-R.gif

High powered charging circuit boards designed for integration into your own shell designs. Charge your laptops, add it to a charging cart or system

There's virtually no current draw when not being used, so I just have mine wired directly to the battery and I haven't had any issues with the bike sitting for a week. I use both a USB extension cable and a panel mount that I drilled into the the plastic towards the back so I can charge stuff in my bags.

• Like 2

advgoats.com