Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wandrd ROAM 6L as tank bag

random1781

I used the Mosko Hood for a while on my last bike. It served my needs well: extremely waterproof and my camera fit inside it pretty well. Unfortunately it didn't fit great on the Tenere - I'd essentially dry hump it whenever I tried to lean forward while standing and I could never get as far forward as I needed. Mosko's Gnome is on the right track, but it's a bit too small for me and isn't quite as waterproof as I'd like.

So I wound up giving the Wandrd ROAM 6L a shot, and if you have crash bars, it's pretty awesome.

6LFrontBlack.jpg.d611d50f74faa70151b7fb7d1388524d.jpg

There's more than enough space for a mirrorless camera and decent size lens, and the outside pocket fits a slim battery pack really well. The sling uses swivi lockster buckles. These are the circular clips that pivot (and are used on the Kriega chest straps), which allows some flexibility in mounting, which is a DIY endeavor. If you have crash bars, then it's really straightforward: just loop a strap around the bars and either get an extra set of buckles or take the ones off the sling. I thought I'd need additional straps to secure it like a normal tank bag, but it turns out that the two main straps provide more than enough tension to secure it. Actually, they seem to hold it in place better than a lot of other tank bags I've tried.

PXL_20221219_171551441.jpg.7dd29f3033d908ef21db55c85df3d863.jpg

There is more padding than average tank bags since it is a camera bag, but in particular the back of the bag is padded slightly more on the outsides, which conveniently creates a nice channel for the tank cap to sit in:

6LBackBlack.jpg.ac23e7ea28db52ef6aa44e070c26fb73.jpg

With the way I have it setup, the handlebar does touch the bag at full lock, but the bag doesn't interfere with the steering at all and is completely out of the way during technical riding. The handles on the sides make fueling easy since you just need to unclip one side and can then hang the bag from the handlebar.

The only downside is that the main compartment opens towards the top of the bag, so you're basically pulling stuff away from you as you sit on the bike.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

• 1 year later...

Exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, syntarx said:

Exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for sharing.

Just a heads up that one of straps ripped out of the bag when I dropped my bike. There are also handles on the sides, which is what I'm using now to strap it in.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

1 minute ago, random1781 said:

Just a heads up that one of straps ripped out of the bag when I dropped my bike. There are also handles on the sides, which is what I'm using now to strap it in.

thanks for the info, will keep that in mind

• Like 1