Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone added the extra power socket

T700

Looking at adding the extra power ocket today but wow it doesn't look like a simple job, does all the front have to come apart?

I also posted on the local facebook group and got sent a link back to here

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/263-can-you-connect-a-usb-port/

I ran short of time and did a temp job not pulling the front apart and use adhesive on the socket and wired to the heated grips plug with the heated grips, i needed to pull it apart to put the lock nut on.

When i get back from a week long trip ill fix it up, connecting to the heated grip plug with them isnt ideal as the voltmeter on the usb socket shows a dip in voltage when the grips are turned on so its getting voltage drop through the small cable supplying the plug to the heated grips but it will do for now for the usb sockets while im away

• Like 1

There is also a 2 pin un-used connector, also I swapped the original to the right side and the 2 usb placed on the left side.

And yes it requires taking all the front apart, the only tricky thing was the display which after taking the 2 bolts needs to be pulled abit up and than it goes out and enables access to 2 bolts behind it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Yep 

the Headlight has to be removed, it is well worth doing it though.

• Thanks 1