Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canada group rebates ...

MGG

Anyone looking at getting group discounts for the Canada market before the T7 get here in May-June-July ?

I think that it would be nice if we can organise something, but I never done this before so I am asking if anyone else has experience in these matters.

20 minutes ago, MGG said:

Anyone looking at getting group discounts for the Canada market before the T7 get here in May-June-July ?

I think that it would be nice if we can organise something, but I never done this before so I am asking if anyone else has experience in these matters.

Well, Im bringing on vendors. Im sure they will be offering member only discounts and Group Buys. 

As Vendors join, be sure to follow them to get the announcements. Also, be sure to sign up for newsletter if you haven't already. Check your notification settings as well, in "account Settings" So you don't miss those emails. 

• Like 2

I think that would be a good idea. For instance the HEED crash bars that I want are priced well but the shipping to Canada kills the deal. Group buys in same region might be the ticket.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 7:12 AM, DWEL700 said:

I think that would be a good idea. For instance the HEED crash bars that I want are priced well but the shipping to Canada kills the deal. Group buys in same region might be the ticket.

DWEL700, keep me the loop...I am interested in tidy tail, rear rack, and crash bars. Group purchase and saving on shipping definitely interest me.

Currently ride a WR290R and a 08 Vstrom 650. Soon to own a2021 T7

It is my understanding, and I am sorry to say it, that there will be rebates or promotions only if vendors are aware of the actual interest of people buying their stuff. So the best place for deals seem to be on each vendor page ... See https://www.tenere700.net/forum/24-supporting-vendors/  ... and even though I am following the curent vendors I will probably get better deals elsewhere.

... I saw deals in the past for group buys where a minimum number needed to be reached for the rebate to kick in and I am hoping the same will happen again here. [crossing fingers]

I am a bit sad and I am sure a lot of vendors should/would do better by keeping active in this type of forum, not only on Facebook or focused on their own channels. Some of us don't even know what vendors are out there... 

Where are Outback Motortek, SW-Motrech, Touratech, Givi, etc. ???... maybe even FortNine and TwistedThrottle

I think that when a product is newly released that is when they can properly influence the market. They should offer incentives for people to try their stuff ... 

The rebates/deals can take multiple forms.

It can even be a rebate after the fact where I would buy a product, then send a them a picture with their logo/sticker visible on the bike and their product installed so they can use it as marketing material and they would offer me a rebate/coupon for more stuff. 

I might be dreaming ... and I am not getting my hopes up. 

I am still buying stuff that I think make sense from a cost and quality perspective, hopefully I am making the right choices as I can't rely on vendor rebates here.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MGG said:

It is my understanding, and I am sorry to say it, that there will be rebates or promotions only if vendors are aware of the actual interest of people buying their stuff. So the best place for deals seem to be on each vendor page ... See https://www.tenere700.net/forum/24-supporting-vendors/  ... and even though I am following the curent vendors I will probably get better deals elsewhere.

... I saw deals in the past for group buys where a minimum number needed to be reached for the rebate to kick in and I am hoping the same will happen again here. [crossing fingers]

I am a bit sad and I am sure a lot of vendors should/would do better by keeping active in this type of forum, not only on Facebook or focused on their own channels. Some of us don't even know what vendors are out there... 

Where are Outback Motortek, SW-Motrech, Touratech, Givi, etc. ???... maybe even FortNine and TwistedThrottle

I think that when a product is newly released that is when they can properly influence the market. They should offer incentives for people to try their stuff ... 

The rebates/deals can take multiple forms.

It can even be a rebate after the fact where I would buy a product, then send a them a picture with their logo/sticker visible on the bike and their product installed so they can use it as marketing material and they would offer me a rebate/coupon for more stuff. 

I might be dreaming ... and I am not getting my hopes up. 

I am still buying stuff that I think make sense from a cost and quality perspective, hopefully I am making the right choices as I can't rely on vendor rebates here.

Well, as the actual owner of this forum, I have a much different perspective.  On my other Yamaha forums, we have had HUGE sales/discounts for forum members. 

Klim let me sell 25 Klim Apex jackets, usually priced at $700, for only $300 USD.  Those sold out in a matter of four hours. Again, only to forum members. 

A suspension shop gave us 1/2 price discount on fork revalve/respring.  

A well known retailer gives our MT07 forum members Carte Blanche choice to pick an item for sale from their store, and have a group buy with ridiculously low pricing. 

@2 Wheel DynoWorks  If you are a forum member, you can call them, tell them your username and and get crazy low pricing on exhaust if you by it with a matched ecu tune.  I mean pricing lower than any store online. Period. 

Keep an eye on the vendor section when the bike gets to the USA.  I do not run TYPICAL forums. I am not motorcycle.com , I don't run generic forums. I have a ton of good relationships with vendors.  You will see this summer, good things coming. 

Be sure to turn notifications on in your account settings, we are gonna have some killer deals. 

• Like 5

Heed will most likely need to get an idea of how many of what people want. Locate someone wanting to be a dealer. And supply 

On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, Cruizin said:

Well, as the actual owner of this forum, I have a much different perspective.  On my other Yamaha forums, we have had HUGE sales/discounts for forum members. 

Klim let me sell 25 Klim Apex jackets, usually priced at $700, for only $300 USD.  Those sold out in a matter of four hours. Again, only to forum members. 

A suspension shop gave us 1/2 price discount on fork revalve/respring.  

A well known retailer gives our MT07 forum members Carte Blanche choice to pick an item for sale from their store, and have a group buy with ridiculously low pricing. 

@2 Wheel DynoWorks  If you are a forum member, you can call them, tell them your username and and get crazy low pricing on exhaust if you by it with a matched ecu tune.  I mean pricing lower than any store online. Period. 

Keep an eye on the vendor section when the bike gets to the USA.  I do not run TYPICAL forums. I am not motorcycle.com , I don't run generic forums. I have a ton of good relationships with vendors.  You will see this summer, good things coming. 

Be sure to turn notifications on in your account settings, we are gonna have some killer deals. 

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I am looking forward to the T7 and all the deals and goodies.

Cheers. 

Hello,

We are based in Poland. We are sorry, but we can't offer any discount, because these products have to be shipped in separate parcels because of large dimensions and shipment restrictions. 

Regards

ZPH HEED J. Tokarz
Częstochowa, Poland

i bought mine from
eBay.co.uk
$40 shipping
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a Tenere ordered and want to accessorize it when I pick it up. Skid plate,engine guard,panniers and more. Hope we can get some deals happening.

• Like 1

id be interested in crash protection, skid plate rear rack