Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Expensive Pussy

RIDER GUIDER

Can't give it away!  Having upgraded, I'm looking to move on the standard system.  Have offered it for free locally (heavy to post to be fair).  Should I weigh it in?  What's the CAT worth?

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

IMHO it's worth nothing. 

The T7 is no different than any other bike. The usual OEM take off stuff is worth next to nothing unless you get super lucky and find someone that wants to go back to stock and doesn't have the original parts. 

I have a few boxes of OEM take off crap that I've collected over the years that I really should try giving away or toss in the trash. 

I got lucky and traded my stock T7 muffler for a case of beer locally other than that the rest of the take off parts are collecting dust. 

• Like 2

You MIGHT be able to get some money for the cat from a scrap yard. The active ingredient in the cat that catalyzes the reaction to burn excess hydrocarbons is platinum. So scrap yards do pay for cats. 
They pay enough that in the NE of the US there is a problem with thieves stealing them off of cars, trucks and busses in large groups of parked vehicles at night with a sawzall. (And sometimes day )

• Like 1

Or hang on to it... Someday they may start inspections.

Buying new to replace it would be painful...

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

My suggestion is to keep it.  I have tons of 'stock' parts from my toy collection.  If you ever re-sale or, as stated above, your local laws change then you have an easy fix.   The tough part is if you don't have room for storage.   You may not be able to give it away but if you need one in the future you will have to pay dearly out one of your holes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 3:42 AM, mpatch said:

IMHO it's worth nothing. 

The T7 is no different than any other bike. The usual OEM take off stuff is worth next to nothing unless you get super lucky and find someone that wants to go back to stock and doesn't have the original parts. 

I have a few boxes of OEM take off crap that I've collected over the years that I really should try giving away or toss in the trash. 

I got lucky and traded my stock T7 muffler for a case of beer locally other than that the rest of the take off parts are collecting dust. 

I think you're right.  I might just wait until someone shouts up for one after bending their own also. 

On 2/16/2023 at 4:31 AM, Hibobb said:

Or hang on to it... Someday they may start inspections.

Buying new to replace it would be painful...

GOOD point.