Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fork Guards

Samm

I hope someone corrects me on this one but as of yet no aftermarket company (Acerbis, Polysport, etc.) has come out with fork guards for the T7 right?

Has anyone in Canada ordered replacements from Yamaha? If so what did they cost?

Mine are cracked and broken all over and are due for replacement but I'm not sure I want to pay OEM prices for more of the same brittle crap...

• Moderators

@Samm Not specifically what you're looking for, but one of our Approved Vendors,  @Camel ADV offers Fork Guard Protectors for the oem pieces. And he's in Calgary so hopefully that'll be a bit cheaper on shipping.

There are so many things to love about the 700 Tenere but Yamaha's choice of body plastic material is not one of them! For reasons unknown, Yamaha opted to make the T7's body panels from brittle ABS...

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The OEM guards arent that expensive really, in the UK they're about £30 new from Yamaha, can't think they're priced much differently over there, about 50 Canadian Pesos?

But then they should be cheap given how easily they crack, if only they made them from proper dirt bike plastics...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I have the shocktubes from Acerbis to protect my inner tubes.
IMG_20230205_115525.jpg.62cbcfc5cfaa847f17d3cc17d63bb10f.jpg

Looks good. I’ve always liked the sock idea but never used them. How often do you have to peel them back and clean underneath? 

15 hours ago, AZJW said:

@Samm Not specifically what you're looking for, but one of our Approved Vendors,  @Camel ADV offers Fork Guard Protectors for the oem pieces. And he's in Calgary so hopefully that'll be a bit cheaper on shipping.

There are so many things to love about the 700 Tenere but Yamaha's choice of body plastic material is not one of them! For reasons unknown, Yamaha opted to make the T7's body panels from brittle ABS...

If I end up buying a replacement Yamaha set I’ll probably go this route. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

I saw this one, expensive but light.

Yamaha-Tenere700-T7-carbon-right-and-lef

The set of lag covers has been designed to replace the original ones, reducing weight, adding aesthetics and increasing durability to the motorcycle.

Not anorexic nor rich enough to go this route 

53 minutes ago, Samm said:

Looks good. I’ve always liked the sock idea but never used them. How often do you have to peel them back and clean underneath? 

I have them on for almost 19.000km since i installed the Touratech closed cartridge and never peeled down, that will happen 2 May when i go for a front fork service.
Have them also on my Crosstourer and also over 20k km before i first took them off and they where just perfect and the fork tubes in the CT are known for pitting.
After assembly i clean the tubes real good and then spray them with PTFE before the socks go on.
With every fork service i also replace the socks, putting dirty ones back on leaves a risk of dirt getting on the wrong side and do what you want to prevent.
On the CT i had a couple of broken seals, after the socks never again.

• Like 1