Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone seen the new FlexPegs for T7?

NeilW

000134-00-A_ASSY-PS5-RIGHT_ISO-VIEW__029

Flex Pegs-PS5 (Yamaha, TENERE 700) foot peg with a shock absorber mechanism, reduces muscle/joint fatigue providing an additional layer of impact isolation

You got to be kidding me.... what's next, a backrest with a massage option?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

You got to be kidding me.... what's next, a backrest with a massage option?

Floorboards perhaps?

• Haha 1

I saw that on ADVrider this morning and just rolled my eyes

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Just now, Tenerider said:

Floorboards perhaps?

We had something like that already, the twin pegs and i've seen some footpegs that looked like floorboards 90dg rotated.
Sorry Neil (and Duncman as another farkle fetishist), i swallowed as much of negativity towards the bold on stuff as i could but with this item the limit has reached.
The other items i tried to give my opinion and why that is my opinion but at this point a start to worry about where we as the human species end up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

a little early for an April Fools joke....an answer to a question no one was asking...yikes those are massive....hmmm, let's see: reduced ground/obstacle clearance, additional weight, bulky, ugly, don't look mud friendly, likely expensive...all in the name of perceived comfort...hard pass...will stay with my pivot pegz that provide simple, functional ankle rotation that benefit interface with foot controls & energy absorption.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowlnS10 said:

a little early for an April Fools joke....an answer to a question no one was asking...yikes those are massive....hmmm, let's see: reduced ground/obstacle clearance, additional weight, bulky, ugly, don't look mud friendly, likely expensive...all in the name of perceived comfort...hard pass...will stay with my pivot pegz that provide simple, functional ankle rotation that benefit interface with foot controls & energy absorption.

449 USD special price for GasGas/KTM...regular price is 499.

• Like 1

I agree with you ALL. except I have to say “ very interesting engineering “

I am an old guy that has had knee surgeries- I stand all the time, and I don’t see the need, yet.

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 3

Not only no, but 'ell no!

• Like 2

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

Too many moving parts for something as simple as footpegs! 

Definitely not something you want breaking down out on a trail.

Can't see the point either considering how much it actually moves, might reduce some jarring & shock transfers, but 😨

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

1 minute ago, motonap said:

Too many moving parts for something as simple as footpegs! 

Definitely not something you want breaking down out on a trail.

Can't see the point either considering how much it actually moves, might reduce some jarring & shock transfers, but 😨

That seems to be the point of them. reduce vibration for "Comfort"., but REALLY reduce vibration and shocks to the foot.

• Like 1