Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rain and cold protection mitts

NeilW

Found a way to ride with thin (tactile) gloves in rain and cold.  3/4 Mitts. Inexpensive and durable. Here is my review. comments always welcome  

obr-adv-gear-enduro-mitts-review-4.jpg

OBR ADV Gear Enduro ¾ Grip Mitts Review: If you like to wear lightweight gloves when it gets cold, here is one way to do just...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have the Barkbuster 'Blizzardbusters' for winter commutes, plus an easy swap Puig taller screen. 

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

2 hours ago, RIDER GUIDER said:

I have the Barkbuster 'Blizzardbusters' for winter commutes, plus an easy swap Puig taller screen. 

The Blizzard busters look basically the same but appear to be about $20 or more. Both do the job. Keep our hands warmer. 

I bought the Blizzards to go with my BarkBusters and they don’t quite do the job. They’re just big wind guards and don’t keep any heat in. Like bth2 said above, if you’re really trying to extend the season a set of real muffs is what’s needed.

1 minute ago, Samm said:

I bought the Blizzards to go with my BarkBusters and they don’t quite do the job. They’re just big wind guards and don’t keep any heat in. Like bth2 said above, if you’re really trying to extend the season a set of real muffs is what’s needed.

I guess it depends on the temps of your extended season. 40’s and rain were fine in these 3/4 mitts. I have heated grips but purposely were not using them for this review. With the heated grips on I didn’t need the glove liners in the high 30’s

I have the BB Blizzards and have been comfortable riding with them along with heated grips.  So far, the coldest I have ridden this winter is 22°F (-5°C).

I don't wear winter gloves, but wear uninsulated summer rain gloves that are windproof as well.

• Like 1

I am using the OBR ones as well. They work great for knocking down the wind and are easy to install and remove.  Probably not as warm as some options are but are never in the way as far as mobility of your hands go.

Edited by Simmons1
  • Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 3/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, NeilW said:

The Blizzard busters look basically the same but appear to be about $20 or more. Both do the job. Keep our hands warmer. 

YEH, good thing for me, is I have a black/grey graphics kit and they're a great match.  I remember back in the 80's and 90's there were some awesome fur lined ones - very popular for couriers on their CX500's ... cosey as!

• Like 1

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

My OBR ADV grip mitts are still working great after 7 years. They are especially helpful if you don’t have grip heaters. Great customer service, local SW Idaho company and made in USA.

• Thanks 1