Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tool Tube Mount

Canzvt

So, I've been wanting to mount this tool tube for awhile after it broke off my former Outback Motortek racks a couple of years ago. With my frame boss cracking and repairs, I had the welder out anyway, so came up with this. I may run different clamps, but it is very stout and should last. It bolts up to the bottom of the Camel Tail Tidy, and requires a small slot in the rear lower cowl to pick up the rear rack mount (newly welded!) We'll see how it works, when the snow is gone.

PXL_20230308_014855254 Small.jpg

PXL_20230308_015128448.MP Small.jpg

PXL_20230308_020251528.MP Small.jpg

PXL_20230308_020906408 small.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Really like that solution - sits opposite to the high exhaust and seems to be tucked in enough.

That's an awesome creation!  Sign me up if you ever decide to create a production run.  

Or maybe we can sweet talk @Camel ADV into making some.

Lacking your fabrication skills, I resorted to zip tying  like mad to attach my fuel bottles to a smaller Tusk tail rack.

IMG_2390.JPEG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Cunning! I like the fact the tool tube offsets the weight and look of the exhaust. I have one but was still looking for the fixing solution. Now I have one! Cheers Bro.

Well, it will get its first real test next week! Moab for 2 days, then the AZ BDR for 9. Here's hoping it lasts that long!

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.