Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Touratecs Gel Comfort Seats Bargain

Spelldrummer

Just a quick 'Heads up' 

I just ordered the Touratecs Comfort ( Rider ) Gel Low Seat for around £165 in the Motea UK Sale today, down from £350 ish' - looks too good to be true, but I thought worth a go !

Look Here

https://www.motea.uk/comfort-gel-seat-for-yamaha-tenere-700-19-22-tourtecs-cst2-a487317-0

If link not working... just google Touratecs Gel Seat Motea UK

Be Quick - they have sold 2 in last 30 Minutes and Discount code only for today they say ????

Edited by Spelldrummer
Added info

36 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

That's not a Touratech seat, it's Tourtec, what company is that?

Nope, it is Touratecs as I wrote in initial post,  I had a look at their website, seems legit !

• Like 1

@Spelldrummer link didn't work for me, but google did.

Bummer, they don't ship to USA

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

6 hours ago, Spelldrummer said:

Nope, it is Touratecs as I wrote in initial post,  I had a look at their website, seems legit !

Better read it again, it is indeed Tourtecs and not Touratecs. You have an "a" too much and it's confusing with Touratech.

I agree with Ray and Scorpion above, that is not a Touratech seat.

Go to the official Touratech website and you will see they don't make a gel inset seat for the Tenere700.  

I am sure if they used Gel inserts they would mention it.

I hate when companies try to mislead buyers like that.

• Like 1

Ah apologies for confusion, anyway the seller MOTEA are a long established bike accessory seller, I called to check delivery, all good, I await seat at this bargain price ( Usually £340 ish ) all seems good and no I didn’t confuse the brand with TOURATECH - I already have an account with them, cheers for correction.

G

• Like 1

I'm surprised Touratech hasn't filled a lawsuit or something against that name, esp since they are targeting the same market. 

Let us know how it is! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I'm surprised Touratech hasn't filled a lawsuit or something against that name, esp since they are targeting the same market. 

Let us know how it is! 

Were Touratech around 1St?

Edited by Lewie

They won't win anything with it, remember that OP made a mistake and put in an "a" that not supposed to be there.
This company is Tourtecs which is still easy to read wrong. When it was really TourAtecs then they might have a change for being too similar.

I don't know why, but I keep reading "Tourtecs" as "tortures" 😁

Edited by Tenerider

On 3/15/2023 at 7:35 PM, Tenerider said:

I don't know why, but I keep reading "Tourtecs" as "tortures" 😁

I hope this is not a prediction of the comfort of the seat ... haha

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well, after Months of waiting, seat arrives later today, according to Parcelforce !

Will fit and report

• Thanks 1

Ok, seat arrived.

quality looks pretty good, the riders gel seat feels flatter than stock, thus distributing my weight more than original. After a 30 minute ride, I can report far more comfortable than stock, however I need to get a few hours on it before I can really tell if substantially better than my previous Yamaha Low and Cool Cover seating.  
Certainly at a standstill, it feels quite luxurious ( yes ! ) and no apparent ‘hot spots’ of pressure on my butt !

One major pain in the ass ( haha ) however, was the need to reduce the diameter of the mounting post ( on original this is slightly conical plastic ) which took 30 minutes of Dremel action ???? WTF ! Otherwise it would not locate properly, apart from this fairly major issue, now solved, I feel positive comfort improvement.

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2023 at 11:07 PM, Spelldrummer said:

Ok, seat arrived.

quality looks pretty good, the riders gel seat feels flatter than stock, thus distributing my weight more than original. After a 30 minute ride, I can report far more comfortable than stock, however I need to get a few hours on it before I can really tell if substantially better than my previous Yamaha Low and Cool Cover seating.  
Certainly at a standstill, it feels quite luxurious ( yes ! ) and no apparent ‘hot spots’ of pressure on my butt !

One major pain in the ass ( haha ) however, was the need to reduce the diameter of the mounting post ( on original this is slightly conical plastic ) which took 30 minutes of Dremel action ???? WTF ! Otherwise it would not locate properly, apart from this fairly major issue, now solved, I feel positive comfort improvement.

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

Hello
Do you have an opinion after riding 2-3 consecutive days?
What does the passenger say?

Seem good, certainly flatter than original and this is better, no pain after extended riding, I think worth the money. No passenger, so cannot report on this, but much more padding for them, so I assume better than stock ( not sure about rally seat, not tried one - too tall for me !! )