Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Huzar spark arrestor solution

700Fan

I wanted a spark arrestor for my Huzar exhaust, but didn’t want to give up the “db killer” in exhaust outlet.  My research led me to what I believe to be a USFS approved screen type arrestor from FMF (P-Core 4 Hex S/A Insert).  
Took the screen and sb killer to local specialty welder (shortened tube 3/4” to allow the assembly to negotiate the angle from outlet to body of the can.  
Cost a bit more than I had hoped, but I’m pleased with result. 49810B57-0A85-46A7-91A2-F50FED8C0267.jpeg.8611520ccb7c703970c3d3f761e9c077.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. Can you share the exact model number? I have a welder friend that will put this together for me. Thank you. ZK

I don’t have any info beyond what is shown on the packaging in picture.  FMF dealer should be able to figure it out.  
I cut tube to allow combined unit to make corner from outlet into body of muffler.  Could have allowed tube to run into spark arrestor with same result.  Don’t know if reduced tube length effected sound or flow.