Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Motology GPS stabiliser

RIDER GUIDER

So that's the Motology GPS stabiliser installed on my T7. Just got to sort out the Barkbuster mod to ensure they don't nudge the displays on full lock. Left a nice gap down the middle for fat fingers so I can press the release button, might install a button there for my garage door. Now to get used to portrait mode as I've always had the Zumo in landscape until now.
And still I keep spending on my T7 😄 ... oh well we all need a hobby!

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 4.51.51 pm.png

• Like 5

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

I always use the GPS in portrait with track up. It gives a further distance when navigating with a purple line.

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

I always use the GPS in portrait with track up. It gives a further distance when navigating with a purple line.

I was going to say the same thing. 🙂

• Like 1

I just bought a similar kit 2 days ago. I DEFINITELY feel you on that impulsive T7 spending. 😑🙄🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

Looking forward to the portrait use.  I've now moved the Zumo much closer to the clocks, neat as, modified the Barkbusters and can go lock to lock without issue.  Quite a bit of adjustment and tinkering but enjoyable garage time with the T7.

On 3/23/2023 at 5:21 PM, Rider 101 said:

I'm going to mount a garmin 775 caravan type unit, once I can find a mount big enough to hold it.  It's landscape but huge.  It's not waterproof but I don't like riding in the rain anyway and I'll keep a plastic baggie in my pocket just in case.

I want it for the Hema Rasters maps it has onboard.  It can't do tracking, I have a little Origon for that, but frankly if the marked tracks end, I'm turning back 😁

hema.jpg.6e9ea43a124c90eecb2cba1ee37f62e1.jpg

Edited by winddown

Some years ago I had a Hema Navigator HN5.

Bad choice as the screen was unreadable in sunlight.

I bought it mainly for the maps but was never happy with it.

It is now in the depths of the e-junk box.

I much prefer the Montana 700 which has the Australian topo maps and for some reason Africa as well.

I loaded OzTopo maps and it is now versatile enough for on and off road navigation including towns and cities.

16 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Some years ago I had a Hema Navigator HN5.

Bad choice as the screen was unreadable in sunlight.

I bought it mainly for the maps but was never happy with it.

It is now in the depths of the e-junk box.

I much prefer the Montana 700 which has the Australian topo maps and for some reason Africa as well.

I loaded OzTopo maps and it is now versatile enough for on and off road navigation including towns and cities.

A mate had the HN5.  Eventually the USB port died from the vibrations.

What's your opinion of the OzTopo maps?  I've nearly given up using the Garmin Topo as there as too many dead tracks on it.

OzTopo is good but not perfect. There are a few errors but nothing major.

I have Memory Maps NSW Topo on my laptop.

They don't have auto routing so planning a track is a bit of a process.

I generally plan with OzTopo in Basecamp and then save the track and cross reference with MM NSW.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 9:36 PM, RIDER GUIDER said:

Looking forward to the portrait use.  I've now moved the Zumo much closer to the clocks, neat as, modified the Barkbusters and can go lock to lock without issue.  Quite a bit of adjustment and tinkering but enjoyable garage time with the T7.

I ordered one a few weeks ago, looks like its still back-ordered.  What did you have to do to the Barkbusters to make room at full lock?  (Thanks for that heads up!)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 6:32 AM, suppa_scoopa said:

I ordered one a few weeks ago, looks like its still back-ordered.  What did you have to do to the Barkbusters to make room at full lock?  (Thanks for that heads up!)

I'm gonna do a video mate, it's not too difficult a job.  Just a little bit of grinding, drilling & filing and a couple of shorter bolts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, RIDER GUIDER said:

I'm gonna do a video mate, it's not too difficult a job.  Just a little bit of grinding, drilling & filing and a couple of shorter bolts. 

Right on.  Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 3:22 AM, RIDER GUIDER said:

I'm looking forward to it, because I built basically that plate, but am having issues finding a solution for Barkbusters (or Acerbis, HDB, Cycra, etc) that will work without punching a hole in my speedo at full lock!

I have riser extensions under my bar mounts. The barker buster mounts clear everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve recently got this kit after keeping an eye on the limited others for a while who own it and give little info on how it has worked.

19mm bar risers, 15mm off the length of the BB stays, and trimmed the wrap around 10mm.

this has landed me with enough room to slide my hand through easily between the bars and the Speedo/GPS.

GPS is the Zumo XT2.

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4305.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg

IMG_4374.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Hey Rider Guider, did you manage to produce the Video on the Barkbusters modification to fit the Motology GPS Bracket? Would love to see it

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 6:15 AM, Darius Goodwin said:

Hey Rider Guider, did you manage to produce the Video on the Barkbusters modification to fit the Motology GPS Bracket? Would love to see it

Mine is showing up next week with new barkbusters and I'm curious too if you you have it Rider Guider.