Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 World Raid Tank Capacity/Range

danielgheorghe1

4 hours ago, Lewie said:

Have you returned to the dealers? That’s seriously wrong 13l with 1 bar to go

thats average around 55 mpg which is quite low- are you riding it hard?

averaging 4k rpm, tarmac only. Still in break in period. It's more then a little surprising. Going to do one more tank and go to reserve with a fuel bottle and see then approach dealer to find out what's up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

I was thinking that my average of around 45mpg sounded quite low until I realized our US gallons are only 80% as large as imperial gallons. So, I would actually be getting 56mpg on the other side of the pond.

56mpg in UK?

Mine never drops below 65mpg...........so something must be wrong

On 4/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, danielgheorghe1 said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Very useful! Somehow, this confirms the problem I have. Most of the data I gathered from people suggest a mileage of more than 400 km / 250 miles until the fuel light comes on (so on around 18 consumed liter). It's definitely not the case for me. I will continue the investigations with Yamaha.

Hi Daniel. Lots of support here from riders to help you out. If you got some answers can you come back here and share them?

For what it's worth, it sounds like the lower connecting pipe between tanks is pinched. At some point the fuel stops flowing across to the side with the fuel pump. This explains why you can only get 18 litres in and your range is seriously reduced.

• Like 1

My experience with the WR, the fuel gauge is not very accurate. It reads empty way too early, I have never put more than about 15 litres when it starts the countdown to empty. On a positive note, I am regularly getting 70+ mpg (UK), even as high as 80 mpg on slow back roads. I rarely ride at high speed (70+ mph), but even at these speeds, 60+ mpg are achievable. 

I may in the future, carry a small fuel bottle on one of my long runs, and run it to empty, then I can truly test the fuel capacity!

• Like 2

Yes it’s probably the same gauge as standard. They’re insane. The middle two bars take about 20 miles each. The first and last are huge. Ignore them. If I get more than 60mpg (imp) I know the 16 litres will do over 200 miles, so when I start getting fuel anxiety, I check the average mpg since refuelling and carry on according to that. Will put the acerbis on one day, but no rush at present. Good answer from @TimeMachine, worth checking. 

On 5/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, JB700 said:

56mpg in UK?

Mine never drops below 65mpg...........so something must be wrong

It really depends... on how you ride, where you ride, and if there are mods to your bike. 

In 2,500 miles, my best was 51 US mpg, but I am often between 40 and 45 mpg.

That is from the computer, not calculations. I'm not worried about it enough to take the time to get more accurate data. 

• 3 months later...

I have similar problems with my WR, at the most I have ridden 42km on the reserve light ant only could fill it with 19L, I think I got lika 320km on the trip then...

I never can get it under 0,5l (data from the bike) I have 16toth sprocket and the abs correction rotor installed... 

I will definitely do a checkup with my local dealer after the upcoming longtrip to the alps...

On 8/26/2023 at 8:14 AM, Lewie said:

OP never returned with his findings

Very sad. Although not owning a WR, I would have liked to know what the problem really was. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, qInvention said:

Very sad. Although not owning a WR, I would have liked to know what the problem really was. 

Put @danielgheorghe1 in your post and he'll be notified of your comment. His last visit here was August 18th so he's still around. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS