Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM accessories Exploded diagrams?

Toymaster

OK, finding the part numbers for the bike itself is easy but I have yet to find exploded diagrams with part numbers of OEM accessories.  Does anyone know where these can be found?

Trying to buy another main spring for the OEM center stand.  Selling mine but need a spring. 

^^^^  looking for the oem part.  The spring you have googled is an after market lighter spring offered by altrider.

I'm looking for yamaha OEM accessories exoded parts diagrams. 

Edited by Toymaster

• Moderators

@Toymaster That seems to be a tough part number to locate for sure. All I could find is oem stuff too, no oem accessory references.  Please post up if you find a reference source.

Moved from General Discussion.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 hours ago, Toymaster said:

^^^^  looking for the oem part.  The spring you have googled is an after market lighter spring offered by altrider.

I'm looking for yamaha OEM accessories exoded parts diagrams. 

I understand it's not what you are looking for.

For everyone else the heavy duty Altrider spring is about twice the weight of the factory SS spring. It's also much stiffer and will prevent the dreaded side stand droop and engine cutoff when bottoming the suspension (or trying to). I have not tested this yet due to the 4 feet of snow on the ground where I live.

50 minutes ago, Bruincounselor said:

I understand it's not what you are looking for.

For everyone else the heavy duty Altrider spring is about twice the weight of the factory SS spring. It's also much stiffer and will prevent the dreaded side stand droop and engine cutoff when bottoming the suspension (or trying to). I have not tested this yet due to the 4 feet of snow on the ground where I live.

There is some confusion here.  I am referring to the center stand springs, not the side stand spring.

28 minutes ago, Toymaster said:

There is some confusion here.  I am referring to the center stand springs, not the side stand spring.

I think you are confused: I wrote, "I understand it's not what you are looking for."

The rest of my comment was to refute your statement that the spring in the link is lighter and thus avoid future confusion. I've weighed them both and the factory part is half the weight.

Edited by Bruincounselor

1 hour ago, Bruincounselor said:

I think you are confused: I wrote, "I understand it's not what you are looking for."

The rest of my comment was to refute your statement that the spring in the link is lighter and thus avoid future confusion. I've weighed them both and the factory part is half the weight.

Ok last time and then I give up.  The spring you linked is for the SIDE stand.   I am talking CENTER stand; if you not know the difference please look it up.

Yes, the factory side spring is on the light side and many offer a stronger strength spring, which is what you have linked.

Now to the point, Altrider has come out with an Aluminum CENTER stand that weighs ~40% less than the steel Yamaha OEM center stand.  Therefore Altrider supplies a lighter spring with their stand.  I have both the OEM and Altrider stands (along with the supplied springs). I decided to use the stronger OEM center stand spring, ya' know the one for the heavier steel center stand, on the lighter aluminum Altrider stand.  And, now I want to sell the OEM stand, therefore I need the heavier spring to go with the heavier stand.  The one supplied with the Altrider stand is to light for the heavier OEM stand.  

Here is a link to my center stand thread, maybe you can tell from the pics, it ain't no side stand. 

Edited by Toymaster

You might struggle, in the past I’ve found OEM accessories have a single code, might be that they don’t sell individual accessory parts separate.

I’ve never seen the centre stand in the flesh but just a punt, could the heavy duty sidestand spring be made to fit?

forgot the obvious question, have you tried contacting Yamaha?

Edited by Alan M
Extra

21 hours ago, Toymaster said:

Ok last time and then I give up.  The spring you linked is for the SIDE stand.   I am talking CENTER stand; if you not know the difference please look it up.

Yes, the factory side spring is on the light side and many offer a stronger strength spring, which is what you have linked.

Now to the point, Altrider has come out with an Aluminum CENTER stand that weighs ~40% less than the steel Yamaha OEM center stand.  Therefore Altrider supplies a lighter spring with their stand.  I have both the OEM and Altrider stands (along with the supplied springs). I decided to use the stronger OEM center stand spring, ya' know the one for the heavier steel center stand, on the lighter aluminum Altrider stand.  And, now I want to sell the OEM stand, therefore I need the heavier spring to go with the heavier stand.  The one supplied with the Altrider stand is to light for the heavier OEM stand.  

Here is a link to my center stand thread, maybe you can tell from the pics, it ain't no side stand. 

does that altrider center stand look like it can stand offroad abuse? I hit many things with it underneath.