Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis X-Power engine guards

Toymaster

Installed the kit, have to say impressed for what you get for the price.  They won't stop a bullet but the odd rock impact I'd say they are more than up to it.  Not cheap plastic some kind of resin, no expert could be wrong, but sure is something besides ABS plastic anyhow.   Lightweight and extremely easy install; 4 bolts on the right side and 3 bolts on the left side, nothing has to be taken off to allow installation.   Really sweet for ~$60. 

To install the provided metal inserts are placed in the plastic housing and some factory bolts are removed (does not cause any leaks as not all bolts are removed) then re-installed to secure the guards.  

image.jpeg.1ba7be528d6ae4babc2976a5559a2349.jpegimage.jpeg.bf9f9145a8830f176c68fc83606424ca.jpeg

image.jpeg.312dd61292bd914685dbab34e93e896a.jpegimage.jpeg.7d2e9356258e99d4aa9cdd9610953cc1.jpeg

• Like 3

Agreed. Excellent product.  I did leak a very small amount of oil during install but nothing to worry about. 

just fitted mine at weekend and agree with above, easy install and nicely made

On 4/2/2023 at 1:26 AM, Rider5 said:

I wanted to buy but worry about after long ride how they react when engine get hot?

If you're asking about engine temps, I have not noticed any problem with the guards installed.  Admittedly, though, I have not run a controlled experiment with and without the guards to see if there is an effect.  Too busy riding!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved mine when I installed them! Unfortunately, I was doing a trail the other day and I dropped my T7 to the right on a rocky climb and on the water pump side whatever rock it landed on it hit the engine case right where there is no protection. It even mangled a bit the clutch arm plastic cover... I know it was a one off, probably, since I have dropped my bike some 50 times by now 😅 but you only need one rock to put a hole in the engine casing so I'll be switching to either a Triple Clamp or an R&G covers 

[I will add pictures of the damage as soon as I can]

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Rider5 said:

I wanted to buy but worry about after long ride how they react when engine get hot?

I've had them for about 15k km already in the hot and sunny Philippines. No problem with engine heat.

• Like 1