Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SOLD 2021 T7 for sale $10,000

tydubs@gmail.co

Up for sale is my well loved 2021 Tenere 700. Clean blue Texas title in my name in hand. Selling so my wife doesn't divorce me over my n+1 habit.

Currently around 18000 miles and will go up as I still ride it. It is an adv bike and has been ridden as such. There are dings and scuffs and scratches, just cosmetic, everything mechanically works perfect. For those of you that remember me I did have an unfortunate wreck that damaged the rear subframe. Long story but I removed the video from youtube because there was an attractive woman that shows up at the end asking if I needed help and the youtube comments were getting out of hand. The tail end of it bent upwards and needed to be straightened out and reinforced. It was fully repaired and has presented zero issues over the past 16000+ miles since the repair. The only problem it could have caused were alignment for mounting a rear rack or supporting loads which hasn't been an issue in either case.

I've spent at least $5k on parts and maintenance during ownership. I will entertain reasonable offers. I will consider trades for a street legal Yamaha/Honda/Kawi 450 dirt bike/sumo or Honda xr400/600/650r plus cash around $5k depending on the bike. 

Fully equipped for your adventure with the following:

Protection Parts:
ADC Racing Skid Plate
Acerbis Handguards
Tusk Crash Bars
Knockoff Acerbis Frame Guards
Billet Aluminum Water Pump Guard

Cosmetic Parts:
SKDA Graphics kit in Cube Red (original bike is the matte black version so you could remove the stickers if you wanted black)
Camel ADV Tail Tidy
Cyclops LED Front indicators with DRL
Tusk rear indicators (I have cyclops on the rear but they are busted, I'll install when they arrive)

Comfort Mods:
Pro Taper Black Evo ADV Handlebar
Seat Concepts One Piece Tall Rally Seat (stock seat included as well)
Adjustable Windscreen Mount
Camel ADV Anti Bobble Head Braces
Oxford Heated Grips
Oxford Handguard cover mitt things (keeps the heat around your hands from being blown away on the highway, they've allowed me to ride at below freezing temps without my hands going numb).
I can throw in a 3d printed throttle lock if you want, it came in super handy on my last trip to Big Bend.

Luggage:
DirtRacks rear rack
Tusk Pilot Pannier Bags (35 L each)

General ADV/Off-road upgrades:

Tusk Foam Air Filter
Double Take ADV Mirrors
Camel ADV Traction Pegs
Camel ADV One Finger Clutch Kit
Tusk High Fender Kit (low fender included and currently installed)
TechSpec Tank Grips
Tusk Dash Panel (aux led bar and heated grip controls are mounted here)
7" LED Aux Light Bar
Camel ADV High Exhaust
Camel ADV Heavy Duty Side Stand Spring
AltRider Dual Control Brake Pedal

I'll include a google drive link with the excel sheet I've used to keep track of everything along with the original bill of sale, a bunch of receipts, and the factory service manual. All oil changes have been done with OEM oil filters and Yamalube.

Tires currently mounted are Mitas E07+. They need to be changed soon. I will likely end up doing that before it sells. 

Chain and sprockets were done around the same time. I went up a tooth in the front and down one in the rear. Makes it a bit smoother at super low speed off-road and gets you a bit more top end on the highway.

Recent service includes rear brake pads, rear brake rotor, air filter and oil change. Valve check was done around 12k mi (not required until 22k mi) and everything was still in spec. I'll include a box of assorted stock parts and spare parts that go with it. I have a set of spark plugs I plan to install soon. If I get to it in time I'll install them before it sells or hand them off to you.

IMG_20221004_152914.jpg

IMG_20221105_150430.jpg

IMG_20230122_142517.jpg

IMG_20230124_100303.jpg

Edited by tydubs@gmail.co
update details

• tydubs@gmail.co changed the title to 2021 T7 for sale $10,500 OBO

A little surprised I haven't even had an offer yet 🤔

38 minutes ago, tydubs@gmail.co said:

A little surprised I haven't even had an offer yet 🤔

1) For the price you are asking a potential buyer will likely need to want the specific mods you've made to make it worthwhile. I'd not want the crashbars, the rear rack, the Tall rally seat, or your gearing change (for example).

2) Your description of the damage to the subframe is vague. It would help a ptoential buyer to know what was damaged, how was it fixed, a photo.

3) Status of title is always a nice touch.

4) Your story about having to sell to keep your wife happy seems a bit off if you're willing to take a trade. 😉

Maybe you really just want to keep it but advertised it for sale to keep the peace? 🙂

30 minutes ago, Windblown said:

1) For the price you are asking a potential buyer will likely need to want the specific mods you've made to make it worthwhile. I'd not want the crashbars, the rear rack, the Tall rally seat, or your gearing change (for example).

2) Your description of the damage to the subframe is vague. It would help a ptoential buyer to know what was damaged, how was it fixed, a photo.

3) Status of title is always a nice touch.

4) Your story about having to sell to keep your wife happy seems a bit off if you're willing to take a trade. 😉

Maybe you really just want to keep it but advertised it for sale to keep the peace? 🙂

1-3) Cool, very fair points. I'm adding a link to the thread where I shared the subframe repair.

4) We're saving money for a house. We already have two other bikes and I want another one so I agreed to sell the t7 for some cash if that means I can use some of that money towards something else. I can see how that may be confusing. 

Honestly I would love to keep it haha, but I feel like I'm ready to move on if I can get a fair deal out of it. Thanks for the input!

Now that's waaaay too much of a tease!  Everyone is commenting on how hot your neighbor is, and you take down the video !?!

Enquiring minds want to know!

JK, good luck with the sale.  I love the red & white color scheme.

Edited by Endopotential
  • Like 1

• tydubs@gmail.co changed the title to 2021 T7 for sale $9,500
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 1:25 PM, tydubs@gmail.co said:

Up for sale is my well loved 2021 Tenere 700. Clean blue Texas title in my name in hand. Selling so my wife doesn't divorce me over my n+1 habit.

Currently around 18000 miles and will go up as I still ride it. It is an adv bike and has been ridden as such. There are dings and scuffs and scratches, just cosmetic, everything mechanically works perfect. For those of you that remember me I did have an unfortunate wreck that damaged the rear subframe. Long story but I removed the video from youtube because there was an attractive woman that shows up at the end asking if I needed help and the youtube comments were getting out of hand. The tail end of it bent upwards and needed to be straightened out and reinforced. It was fully repaired and has presented zero issues over the past 16000+ miles since the repair. The only problem it could have caused were alignment for mounting a rear rack or supporting loads which hasn't been an issue in either case.

I've spent at least $5k on parts and maintenance during ownership. I will entertain reasonable offers. I will consider trades for a street legal Yamaha/Honda/Kawi 450 dirt bike/sumo or Honda xr400/600/650r plus cash around $5k depending on the bike. 

Fully equipped for your adventure with the following:

Protection Parts:
ADC Racing Skid Plate
Acerbis Handguards
Tusk Crash Bars
Knockoff Acerbis Frame Guards
Billet Aluminum Water Pump Guard

Cosmetic Parts:
SKDA Graphics kit in Cube Red (original bike is the matte black version so you could remove the stickers if you wanted black)
Camel ADV Tail Tidy
Cyclops LED Front indicators with DRL
Tusk rear indicators (I have cyclops on the rear but they are busted, I'll install when they arrive)

Comfort Mods:
Pro Taper Black Evo ADV Handlebar
Seat Concepts One Piece Tall Rally Seat (stock seat included as well)
Adjustable Windscreen Mount
Camel ADV Anti Bobble Head Braces
Oxford Heated Grips
Oxford Handguard cover mitt things (keeps the heat around your hands from being blown away on the highway, they've allowed me to ride at below freezing temps without my hands going numb).
I can throw in a 3d printed throttle lock if you want, it came in super handy on my last trip to Big Bend.

Luggage:
DirtRacks rear rack
Tusk Pilot Pannier Bags (35 L each)

General ADV/Off-road upgrades:

Tusk Foam Air Filter
Double Take ADV Mirrors
Camel ADV Traction Pegs
Camel ADV One Finger Clutch Kit
Tusk High Fender Kit (low fender included and currently installed)
TechSpec Tank Grips
Tusk Dash Panel (aux led bar and heated grip controls are mounted here)
7" LED Aux Light Bar
Camel ADV High Exhaust
Camel ADV Heavy Duty Side Stand Spring
AltRider Dual Control Brake Pedal

I'll include a google drive link with the excel sheet I've used to keep track of everything along with the original bill of sale, a bunch of receipts, and the factory service manual. All oil changes have been done with OEM oil filters and Yamalube.

Tires currently mounted are Mitas E07+. They need to be changed soon. I will likely end up doing that before it sells. 

Chain and sprockets were done around the same time. I went up a tooth in the front and down one in the rear. Makes it a bit smoother at super low speed off-road and gets you a bit more top end on the highway.

Recent service includes rear brake pads, rear brake rotor, air filter and oil change. Valve check was done around 12k mi (not required until 22k mi) and everything was still in spec. I'll include a box of assorted stock parts and spare parts that go with it. I have a set of spark plugs I plan to install soon. If I get to it in time I'll install them before it sells or hand them off to you.

IMG_20221004_152914.jpg

IMG_20221105_150430.jpg

IMG_20230122_142517.jpg

IMG_20230124_100303.jpg

Off the sale topic, but would love the file for the 3d printed throttle lock.  Would you share or would anyone reading this know of a file?  Many thanks.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:53 PM, roygilbo said:

Off the sale topic, but would love the file for the 3d printed throttle lock.  Would you share or would anyone reading this know of a file?  Many thanks.

Hey there, yeah I can share the file, I found a few options on thingiverse

featured_preview_IMG_20200220_155254.jpg

I designed this for my bike which has heated grips. These are thicker than the standard grips and have a diameter of ~34.5 mm. Additional Parts needed: M5 thumbwheel (goes on top) M5 bolt with a hex head (threaded length 25...

this is the one I was using with my oxford heated grips and it worked pretty well.

f70796487d482923540f025dde6c8a19_preview

This is a redesign of the Motorcycle throttle lock by toofuu and my previous throttle lock. It has a hinge and does not need to be inserted from the end of the grip, which makes it compatible with handguards, and generally...

and here is another one I was going to try at some point

typo

On 5/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, roygilbo said:

Not even worth the effort. You can get a two pack of them on Amazon for around $10 or a single one for around $7

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, mpatch said:

Not even worth the effort. You can get a two pack of them on Amazon for around $10 or a single one for around $7

Link or it doesn't exist 😀  

Nice! Yeah I have a 3d printer and a bunch of hardware already so it was essentially free for me to print it out

• tydubs@gmail.co changed the title to SOLD 2021 T7 for sale $10,000

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.