Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

YAMAHA OEM High front fender

Spelldrummer

Has anybody fitted one of these yet ? I think the rear section still being close to tyre may actually negate most of it’s usefulness, but I like the look !

7 hours ago, Spelldrummer said:

Has anybody fitted one of these yet ? I think the rear section still being close to tyre may actually negate most of it’s usefulness, but I like the look !

There are a few on eBay - where are you in Kent?

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

There are a few on eBay - where are you in Kent?

Yes I am, Minster Ramsgate.

Edited by Spelldrummer

• 1 month later...

From all the hunting online, it looks like the kit is specific to the World Raid only. One would hope that the lower triple clamps are the same for the T7 and the World Raid, so should be an easy fit. At approx $350 USD + shipping, that works out to be a rather expensive fender 😨

I haven't found any install instructions anywhere, but it looks like a straightforward bolt-on kit without having to do any work on the brake lines. So this got me thinking, one could install a universal high fender + existing lower fender with some cutting on both units to make this work.

- Cut off the back of the universal fender

- Cut off the front of the existing OEM fender (existing OEM fender has no reinforcing inside to act as a stabilizer, but then I don't think a stabilizer is required with the leading axle design ⁉️)

Hopefully, the pre-drilled holes on the universal ones line up with the mount points on the bottom of the lower triple clamp. There might be some fiddling around with a requirement of some spacers to make the brake line clamp on the lower triple clamp work.

Anyone else had a similar brainstorm?

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the camel-Adv high fender mount and Polisport fender, no extra rad guard, fits perfect. 

Some people love the look of the factory low fender on the Yamaha 700 Tenere, not us, we much prefer the more...

IMG_9704.jpeg

I've installed the OEM high fender on my 21 T7. It fits both models.

Colours don't match perfectly.

Mud clearance of the lower part is suprisingly good - just put it to the test this weekend in quite muddy conditions.

20230513_184016.jpg.7eef074cba9c7b582c5785d113dbaa5e.jpg

20230513_193148.jpg.8f759aa544ad67da828be30153e4b9b1.jpg

20230513_192423.jpg.389d610950617468b0e6e00e7d971b66.jpg

Broke off a little stiffener on the inside because of a harder crash down a table, but no functional damage to the fender.

Mounting is straightforward.

Edited by Tenerider