Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommendations for Waterproofs?

DaveT7

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about recommendations, but I've just ordered the Rev'it Poseidon 3 top and bottom. What did you end up going with? Or still shopping?

Been wearing rev-it gear for few years and highly rate them.

what ever brand you get make sure the waterproof layer is "bonded" to the outer shell

• Like 2

Yeah that's what made me go with the Poseidon compared  to the Defender.

12 hours ago, EstRider said:

I don't know about recommendations, but I've just ordered the Rev'it Poseidon 3 top and bottom. What did you end up going with? Or still shopping?

Still shopping - I'll take a look at Revit... thanks.

The Scott Pro DP series have been great, stretchy and pack away easily. Revit have the Cyclone/Nitric 3 H20 series which is also very good

Better getting a waterproof layer vs whole jacket, Light is right. I had an all in one waterproof jacket, had one fall and it ripped, rendering it useless. A shell can be replaced and added when needed I find. A local Dual sport store which organizes tours across North America, with lots of experience and varied riders said they just recommend the shells now. Everything else costs a fortune if breathability is needed and eventually leaks anyway

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

The Scott Pro DP series have been great, stretchy and pack away easily. Revit have the Cyclone/Nitric 3 H20 series which is also very good

Better getting a waterproof layer vs whole jacket, Light is right. I had an all in one waterproof jacket, had one fall and it ripped, rendering it useless. A shell can be replaced and added when needed I find. A local Dual sport store which organizes tours across North America, with lots of experience and varied riders said they just recommend the shells now. Everything else costs a fortune if breathability is needed and eventually leaks anyway

Plus all these advanced membranes have a shelf life. Even if it's just sitting in your closet, the materials degrade over time, albeit slower than with use.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

Scott DP Pro, that stretchy with membrane feature will outlast other raingear where the sealed seams give up super quick and easy!

• Like 2

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |