Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Solution to center stand offroad?

Oxxa

my ktm 300 side stand has this loop/bungie rope that hold the side stand for MX riding. I think I will be creating something similar to my hold my altrider aluminum center stand on my t7. Wondering if a product already exists or do I have to make something home-made?

On 4/15/2023 at 4:15 PM, Oxxa said:

Well, in lots of sand you should not lube you chain at all.

With lots of sand on dual sports, its a bit of a mixed bag if you actually use the moto off road. 

MXers can get away with no lube as they have roller chains. Anything with a o/x ring will tear up in the sand and render the chain useless. So the cleaning and dual sport street use requires the lube to protect. When i hit the dirt, the lube attracts the dirt, requiring cleaning again. 

Self inflicted pain, absolutely. But why many who ride in sand often either burn through chains, or just keep their “adv” motos limited to street use lol